Thread: Crackling and stutering noise after installing kx driver

Crackling and stutering noise after installing kx driver

I am facing a lot of issues after I installed Kx driver. I do not know what is the reason , may be I do not know the applications which I need to install, but whenever I play any audio file, it makes a strange noise like it is stuttering or crackling. Reading the earlier threads I tried different versions of kx but did not work. The strange crackling and stuttering noise still persists ? Can any one has any solution for that noise, it is annoying me very much ?

Re: Crackling and stutering noise after installing kx driver

Did you check whether the same issue occurs when you insert a DVD and play it. You have not provided much details about your system' configuration. I think you can install a tool to make it stop , it is named as AC-3 filter. If you have already using it , the most possible reason for this noise seems that in the filter settings kx ac3 decoder is being used. Try one more thing , uninstall kx and install the creative driver and check whether it works.So next time if you have any queries , post with a some necessary details.
    Last edited by Enriqueta; 16-11-2010 at 06:25 AM.

I checked the AC-3 filter setting, everything seems fine to me. And please do not recommend me ever again the creative driver again , because I do not like it at all, in past it has given me a lot of trouble. Yes I can definitely help you with the system's configuration, I have got a desktop system with AMD Athlon processor, ASUS motherboard, 1024 MB of RAM and 320GB of internal hard drive a graphic card of NVIDIA. Please do something fast before that noise drives me crazy.

you can find the settings in the mixer/ master , but for that you will have to use the standard skin of the application also known as SPDIF AC3. But I am not sure whether these changes will work in the speakers you have right now. So I would recommend you to uninstall the kx driver. Iwill tell you how tou can do that. Click on the start menu, go to programs, open kx project, you will have to uninstall the sound driver fro the device manager, ( whatever version it may be). Once the driver is removed , uninstall the kx project installation files when you see the relevant option.

I have one way for you to suggest, to decode the mode, I know it sounds a bit weird but that is how it works, you will have to try each and every possible way if you really want to get rid off this. Uninstalling kx was another way as suggested above. Clean the registry using any of the registry cleaning tool. Because it is possible that in many cases there are complex issues but the solution is simpler. Try one more thing, I think you you are aware of power DVD tool , it works in decode mode as well.