Thread: How to operate Windows Vista and Windows 7 in one pc

How to operate Windows Vista and Windows 7 in one pc

Please help me through the process of running two OS of windows on my desktop pc? I want to operate Window vista and windows 7 and I want to keep data of vista and windows 7 separately intact in one pc.so do you give me some solutions for this? And is there any need of making partition of my hard disk? I have 360 GB hard disk and 2GB Ram in my pc with intel core 2 duo processor.
    Last edited by mewlyo; 16-11-2010 at 05:47 AM.

Re: How to operate Windows Vista and Windows 7 in one pc

VMware Workstation permits you to run plentiful operating systems on one computer. On a Windows 7 computer, if you have a lot of memory (I recommend a minimum of 2GB) and hard disk space (I recommend a minimum of 360GB), you can install VMware and it will permit you to run multiple operating systems under your main operating system – Windows 7. What? For example, let’s say your computer is running Windows Vista and you want to run Windows 7 as well to see what it’s all about. But you’ve heard so many horror stories about running Windows7 that you decide you just want to try it out and not upgrade from vista to Windows 7, you would download and install VMware, then create a VM for Windows Vista. What is a VM?
    VM is actually a Virtual Machine. A VM act like an operating system and it’s installed in the core operating system. It is a type of concept to visualize at first but it works. This also allows you to install many other operating systems as well. Below there are some operating systems that are supported
    • by VMware Workstation:
    • Windows – Most versions of Windows xp, vista, 7.
    • Linux – Ubuntu,Fedora, RedHat, SUSE

Once you have VMware setup and you install, let’s say Windows7, you’ll be able to run both your main Windows Vista and Windows 7 on the same PC
    Snapshot Manager. It is actually good characteristic of VMware Workstation is Snapshot Manager. This characteristic allows you to install software that you may desire to test but not commit to. For example, if you install Windows 7. Then, you could install software that you desire to test and play around with in the windows 7 VM. Once you’re prepared, you also can use bring back the VM back to the perfect install it was before you installed the software to test. This is the thing Snapshot Manager does always. You can branch off in different strategy with Snapshot Manager. There are plenty of ways to use Snapshot Manager and I just scratched the exterior on using it. Another immense characteristic is the ability to swing a VM. If you delay a VM it saves the state of your VM as is and allows you to shut VMware down. Below is a picture of Windows Vista – Home Edition, in a on the brink state in VMware Workstation.

Since you have 360 GB hard disk you can partition yours hard disk into 4 four drive let call them as (A, B, C, D). But most important is keep separate drive for windows vista and windows 7. Install the remaining operating system in another drive. Because Vista has a partition tool baked in, XP does not support. For e.g. Partition your disk into 4. C, D, E, F
    1. Install windows XP or windows vista on C.
    2. Install windows 7 on remaining any drive.

To install the Win 7 on your new drive may D,E or F, Please insert your Win 7 disc and restart your Pc (you'll require to enabled booting process in your DVD drive in the system BIOS, but most PCs will have this enabled by default).

The launch for the Window7 has come and gone, and remarkably, it went off without a catch. The download servers held up, product keys have been graceful, and Microsoft is once again prove to the world that they have what it takes they are the top operating system makers. Since you have 360 GB hard disk you can partition yours hard disk as required.
    Here are the minimum requirements Specs:
    • More than 1.0 GHz or faster 32-bit or 64-bit processor.
    • More than1.0 GB of RAM.
    • Minimum 1 GB available disk space.
    • Minimum DirectX 9 graphics processor or more.