Thread: Which is the best audio driver with Traktor DJ Studio ?

Which is the best audio driver with Traktor DJ Studio ?

I have few questions to ask, but before that let me tell you all that I have a desktop computer nad Windows xp operating system. I have a Kx driver installed and just recently installed a Traktor DJ Studio version 2. I wish to mix the music with my my external mixer. I have a couple of questions. Should I replace my Kx driver with some other one such as Asio audio ? What changes can I make in the settings of DJ Studio to get some nice sound ?

Re: Which is the best audio driver with Traktor DJ Studio ?

I think you should stick with the same Kx driver rather than going for ASIO , following are the feature of Kx driver:
    • It is explicitly developed such that it is independent and flexible in all environment and developed specially for EMU based sound cards which are widely used.
    • It provides wave recording and you can play that again.
    • It supports AC97 to yhe input and output devices.
    • Kx is compatible with Midi files and all sorts of fonts used in Sound files.
    • It also works simultaneously with ASIO.
    • Routing in internal signal can be done easily.

I think you should use Asio driver . If you want to use the DJ application , you can configure the dj_stick, try to operate it with the BPM studio First check it out with the demo version where you will have an access of limited number of sound track edition . BPM studio 4.9 emu is the demo or the trial version. Once you enter the BPM studio right click, then click option and at last select Audio input and output. There you will see a number of driver list, you will have to select according to your output device. I am not a DJ by profession still I find it lot easy I thing you will not face any issue in following these instructions.

First you need to configure and check the drivers of the speakers , if the drivers are not proper then your DJ studio cannot play any of the tracks.
    To configure Windows 98 and Windows Me :
    • Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double- click Multimedia.
    • On the Advanced tab, double-click the Audio Devices branch, and then double-click "Audio for Sound Driver for PC Speaker".
    • Click Settings.
    • For information about adjusting the settings, please refer to the Speak.txt file contained in the Speak.exe file.
    • Click OK until you return to Control Panel.

Note the following points:

• The PC speaker driver plays only .wav files. It does not play .mid, .rmi, or .avi files.
    • The version of Media Player included with Windows does not play .wav files with the PC speaker driver. To play .wav files, use Sound Recorder.
    • Windows includes default codecs. Other multimedia programs may install proprietary or additional codecs that do not function with the PC speaker driver.
    • The built-in Windows Volume and Mixer tools will not control the PC speaker driver.