Thread: How to operate two operating system in one pc.

How to operate two operating system in one pc.

Please can anyone help me through the process of running two OS on my desktop pc? I want to run Linux (Fedora or any other) & windows 7 and I don't make out how to install these two operating systems in one pc. Someone told me something about partitioning my PC hard disk but what is it all about? I have a 360 GB hard disk space and a 2 GB Ram Intel Core 2 Dou processor with clock speed of 2.8 GHz.

Re: How to operate two operating system in one pc.

Partition your hard drive into more than two different drives entities using f disk command from Windows or using Partitions if you have one. Be confident you install windows first, starting from their oldest version i.e. 95SE, 95ME, 2000, XP, 2003 and Vista. If you install the older version and pop in a new version it will offer you to improve or clean installation, choose clean installation. During the process select the partition to use and making note of the partition. Finally, install any Fedora (Linux) file system by choosing the partition other than the current installed on. Although some Linux file system will tell you which file system is previously in use but don't count on it. You can select to boot from a floppy or make a boot record on the file system, which either one you select will rely on your installation process.
    Warning, you must be common with Windows file systems i.e. FAT/FAT32, NTFS etc to know which partition the boot record should be.
    If you are departing to install any 64-bits O.S. mainly with windows, use Win FS filing System. It is the new generation filing system.

Since you have 360 GB hard disk you can partition yours hard disk into 4 four drive let call them as (A, B, C, D). Now you install either Fedora or Win 7 in C drive. But most important is keep separate drive for each operating system. Install the remaining operating system in another drive.
    For e.g. Partition your disk into 4. C, D, E, F
    Install widows 7 on C
    Install Fedora on D and E
    D for the root .
    E for the swap.

Here are some steps how to install Win 7 and Fedora before operating them.
    operating is quite easier than installation, switch from different operating systems as require.
    1.Boot up the system from a Fedora CD.
    2. Make an NTFS partition in which you will install Windows 7, with enough space in the drive minimum should have 20 GB space.
    3. Make ext3/4 partitions for /, /boot and /home as you desire.
    4. Make a swap partition if wanted.
    5. Now install Windows, selecting the NTFS partition in your require drive.