Thread: Vista:Computer freezes while playing videos

Vista:Computer freezes while playing videos

Having a HP computer with the windows Vista compatibility. Which is very much impressed me with the all the features and the look of the machine. the system specification is as 3GB RAM with the 320GB hard disk drive. Along with that NVIDIA graphics driver. The problem is I had the problem regarding the video playback, the computer is freezes while I attempt to play any file. It stops responding for few minutes after that it again works. I searched everywhere for the solution but got nothing. Is there anyone having the solution of the problem? Any information regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: Vista:Computer freezes while playing videos

Generally any computer needs the Divx codec for the video playback in any file format. I had the similar issue with the VLC media player, after that one of my friend suggest me to install the codec version of the VLC player, it will play all type of file in the player wit out any problem with the playback. And yes after the installation of the codec for the player, the problem that I was facing is vanishes. So I would like to suggest you to download the codec of player that you are using in your machine according to the version of the player, it will surely remove the problem with your player.

Which video card you are having, I suggest you to update the video card driver into the latest version. you can also do the same operation by start the machine in the safe mode and then insert the video card driver disk which is comes with the machine, because in the normal mode it will freezes while tried to open the disk in your computer, where as in the safe mode this type of problem will not happen. Install the old version or re-install the existing version of the driver software, I hope this will help you to overcome from the problem. This process will help you greatly if you are not able to update the driver software, because this problem is occur because there is must be a mess up problem between the driver and the video controller.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Relevant issue with my Acer computer it also having the same problem while any video is playing in the computer. The problem is occurs any time while I tried to steam the video from the internet also if play any video file from the machine drive. I am using the Intel Core 2 quad CPU with the windows XP Pro. The problem is happening with the Real player. I tried by every possible process to overcome from the problem but nothing works there. Any solution on this problem will be very much grateful for me.

Reinstall the DirectX program in your machine, then download or if you already have in the Driver CD then install the driver in your machine. Make sure that you are installing the update version of the driver. Also along this also like to suggest you to install the registry cleaner for the cleaning of the registry before install the driver. some of the player are requires for the codec of the player which is used for play any playback file in the player, download the codec file of the player from the internet and install that one with the proper settings. A system reboot is required after that, do this any enjoy watching videos.