Thread: iMac G5 is unable to recognize any sources of audio input

iMac G5 is unable to recognize any sources of audio input

I am using imac g5 at my home and it is showing some problem with it. The problem is that iMac G5 is unable to recognize any sources of audio input. When i go to the sound preference panel in the input tab, then I am not able to see any option for internal microphone. This problem is irritating me as lot as i am not able to listen any song on my system. So please try to help me out as i am greatly in need of it. Thanks.

Re: iMac G5 is unable to recognize any sources of audio input

I had also faced same problem on my system and i had solved it using a solution. So i will like to recommend you the same solution. Try to use the Audio MIDI Setup utility. This utility will help you in configure the audio input. I think trying this will definitely solve your problem. If you are able to solve your problem, then try to reply me back.

For this problem i will suggest you to reboot your system. Insert installation the disk in the system and ten restart it. Now press and hold the c key. Here you will require selecting the Disk Utility from the Installer menu. Once you are done with that, now try to click the First Aid tab. after that try to click on disclosure triangle which is present to the left of the hard drive icon. Now try to run the Click Repair. Try to go through all this steps and as it will help you to repair the disk. Now try to test the system and see if there is any change in it.

Even i am facing the same problem on my imac g5. I have tried to go through both the solution which is provided above, but none of them were able to solve my problem. Can you provide me some different solution in order to come out of this problem? Please do help. Even thanks for the above reply.