Thread: Resetting email at iphoto on Leopard

Resetting email at iphoto on Leopard

I have been using the service with Cox communications to connect with other people. Now I dropped this service. After dropping this service when I try to email or share a photo from iphoto it comes back to me and saying that unable to send through cox.net. I can understand that because after dropping Cox service I will no longer to access it. The thing is I want to switch over to Gmail so that I can share from iphoto. How can I do so? I hope that I am not confusing you because this is kind a rigid question I am posting.

Re: Resetting email at iphoto on Leopard

The iPhoto uses a configured mail application when you share or email a photo. As in your Mac it uses the default Apple Mail. The iphoto then gives several settings to your photo like resizing it as specified and then generates the new Email in your Default Mail application. After this you can send photo via Email. If you don’t have an Email account then it is not possible to send mail. So the only thing you have to do is create a new Gmail Account and configure it with Mail application and set it as default.To configure you Gmail account to IMAP take the reference from this link.

The iphoto bundles the iPhoto library as a single package file. With this we can save the library file from accidental deletion and corruption. To send or share the pictures from iphoto you must add your Gmail account to Mail.app in your leopard. The first step is to enable the pop access within Gmail. To do this login to Gmail account and check the SETTING link. In that open Forwarding and POP menu and select enable pop on all mail option. Now save and exit the settings. In case if you are using the leopard OS then you need to worry about these settings because it does all the settings to Gmail account automatically.

There is free plug available for MAC OS X which can support to your Leopard Computer. The iPhoto2Gmail works well in Macs. It adds the Gmail integration to your system default photo management software like Iphoto in leopard. It is an excellent add-on or plug in available on the internet that adds the functionality for you. After downloading this app or add-on it supports your original Gmail account and composes the mail by itself by resizing the photo if required. This add-on is for the Mac OS users only.

Following steps may help you to switch over to Gmail at iphoto
    • Launch the iPhoto app in your Mac
    • Open File>Export
    • In Export Photos Windows select iPhoto2Gmail. If the Gmail account information is already set on it then click Change user button.
    • Insert Gmail username and the password in appropriate places and enable the checkbox that having the option like”Remember My Gmail Information in Key chain”. This option will automatically store the user name and password so that you won’t need to enter them every time.
    • Now click Sign in and the iphoto2gmail will automatically import the Gmail contacts.
    • Now you can send to mail to any address by several clicks.