Thread: Open Suse 10.3 cannot install Flash Player 10 via Konsole

Open Suse 10.3 cannot install Flash Player 10 via Konsole

I have been patching my old PC. I will continue this until I get the new one. I have downloaded the flash player for my Pc and unzipped it. Its extracted file is still showing on the desktop assuming the present of it. The name of the extracted file is "libflashplayer.so". I tried to install the file using the command line. When enter the installation command the system error shows that the destination file operand is missing. I am using the "Open Suse 10.3" for my PC and the terminal is "Konsole". If you help to find out the problem I will be much appreciated.

Re: Open Suse 10.3 cannot install Flash Player 10 via Konsole

I will suggest you some of the commands which I tried in my OpenSuse PC. I hope this will help.
    Code:
    tar xfz install_flash_player_10_linux.tar.gz2
    cd install_flash_player_10_linux
    ./flashplayer-installer
    Put these commands one after the other and see what kind of response you are getting on your terminal window. If it will again shows the error then assume that the download file is corrupted. If it demands you to run it as a root then try it, otherwise don’t.

I think the installer file might be damaged due to download error. If this happened so then delete all the flash downloads in your system and close all the browsers. Now reboot the system. Again download the flash player along with flash installer. The flash installer is recommended if your system does not support the installer package of the Flash 10. Install the flash installer first then launch the Flash 10 setup file using the appropriate commands.

First of all unzip or extract the downloaded zip file using the right software. Then launch the following command on your terminal window.
    Code:
    cksum install_flash_player_10_linux.tar.gz
    cksum /home/sam/Desktop/install_flash_player_10_linux.tar.gz
    Follow the instruction carefully. After the completing the installation download the plugins available for Flash 10. If you have a Mozilla Browser then the plugins will be automatically placed to its directory. To confirm the installation and plugins, open your firefox browser and type in the URL tab “about:plugins” and hit enter. The list of plugins for the new Adobe Flashplayer 10 will be displayed on the screen.

If you have the tar.gz file of flash player on your desktop then it is necessary to change the directories to desktop directory in terminal. Otherwise then it cannot recognize any commands. Now the time to start the installation.
    • Start the console terminal on your open suse 10.3 by pressing “alt+f2”
    • Type command “su” and insert the root password
    • Next type “cd /home/xxxxx/Desktop “ to point the directory to desktop. Here the XXXXX means the user name of the computer
    • Now unpack the file with “tar -xf flashplayer*.tar.gz -C /usr/lib/browser-plugins”
    • Restart the browser and open any website that contain the live streaming video to check the flash player.