Thread: Apple Power Mac G5 Dual 2.3GHz not booting

Apple Power Mac G5 Dual 2.3GHz not booting

I have a PowerMac G5 Dual 2.3GHz that has recently started to have issues. I pressed power button to switch on my computer system. The system briefly turns on and then off. I tried to use the CD as a boot disk, but it hangs the same as when trying to boot from the hard drive. What i have to do to solve my problem? Please help me as soon as possible.

Re: Apple Power Mac G5 Dual 2.3GHz not booting

I think there is a hardware problem you have with your Apple Power Mac G5 Dual 2.3GHz. You have to try with AHT CD (Apple Hardware Test) that was included with the computer along with the install, restore CDs/ DVDs. Run the extended test in loop mode and see if it reports any problems. If you get any problem with your Apple Power Mac G5 Dual 2.3GHz then first solve it. Now check your Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.3 boot properly or not.

If there is a problem in your ATX power supply then also your Apple Power Mac G5 Dual 2.3GHz not booting properly. I think you have to check your ATX power supply. Check all power supply connection properly. Otherwise remove the connection and then make connection properly. If still problem is fix then check your 3.6V Lithium Battery work properly or not. If not then replace the battery and try with new Battery. I hope that, it will solve your problem.

Your Apple Power Mac G5 Dual 2.3GHz not booting. I think your operating system is corrupted. Sometime this type of problem occurs. If you have to solve your problem then you have to format your Apple Power Mac G5. Install new operating system in your Apple Power Mac G5. After complete the installation, check your Apple Power Mac G5 boot properly or not. Booting problem is still there then you have to call computer hardware engineer to solve your problem.