Thread: Internet browser not able to open ALFRESCO.

Internet browser not able to open ALFRESCO.

I have installed the ALFRESCO software on the RHEL 5 system. But this software is giving me some kind of problem that I can’t get figure out. I have installed so many software in my system that all working well but this software is giving me problem. I have motherboard of GIGABYTE, processor of AMD ATHLON @2.7GHz. Whenever I try to open through internet explorer I got following error http://127.0.0.1:8080/alfresco, HTTP Status 404. I don’t know what to do so please any one has a solution for this kind problem please gives it to me. I need to know under what problem my system is running. If you have any other solution for this please shares with me.

Re: Internet browser not able to open ALFRESCO.

ALFRESCO is s system which manages open source enterprise content for the Microsoft Window and UNIX operating system. It include content repository for managing and can be used further in as standard portal content. This kind of problem might get occur if your using two application under which you can performs same work. So just reinstall one of the applications and try again. As per my concern you can follow this solution this may help you.

This problem may arise if you are using APACHE TOMCAT and the HTTPD works on the same system. Apache tomcat is a software implementation of java servlet and java server pages technologies. HTTPD (Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Daemon) function as request and response protocol in the client server protocol computing model. This two Apache Tomcat and HTTPd both run in your server for this reason your LINUX system is getting confused what to do at which server. So just use only one either apache or HTTPd will help you out to solve your problem.

This may happen sometime if you have not configured application on the system. your system is not able to load Alfresco because of this reason only. So just uninstall that application might help you. You may face this error if you using two applications which doing same work on the system so system get confused during any process.

Alfresco is the package that includes all kind of program that you need for your LINUX machine. Just reinstall that application and reinstall again as I tell you. First execute file then change the permission on the download so that it can execute normally “chmod a+x ./alfresco-<version->linux-community.bin” then create a root to execute the installer and then execute the installer by “./alfresco-<version->linux-community.bin”. Try this solution this might help you to come out from this mess.

---- RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise LINUX) is a Linux distribution which provide trusted datacenter platform, it gives application with better performance also gives scalability and security. Your system get confused if your system is running under two application which doing same work. Just remove one application will help you and your system might work fine by doing this.