Thread: Not able to Dual boot on my machine

Not able to Dual boot on my machine

I need your quick help friends. Actually I want to install another operating system but in this I am not able to succeed. Currently my system is running on the windows vista operating system. I use chipset of nVidia GeForce 7050 and I have 64 bit of Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 @ 2500 MHz. I have attempted to install the Fedora 13 i686 live iso. At the time of installing this it takes me upto the flash screen to reaching in this it take around 10 minutes but after that then my monitor just shows a bunch of white millipede kind lines across it. So in order to fix this what should I do if you have any suggestion then help me.

Re: Not able to Dual boot on my machine

I think you are facing the similar issue which is faced by around one month. Actually I also try to dual boot my system but in installing the different operating system I got lots of issue. I have attempted to install the Slackware64. In this I have verified chksums b4 burning it. Like in your case I have also going fine around 25 minutes but then suddenly my screen goes black. So I have just removed that. Regarding this if anybody know that how to get rid from then please help me as soon as it is possible for you. In this I got two errors in this the first one is :
    "udevd [1127]: worker [1148] unexpectedly returned with status 0x0100"
    "udevd [1127]: worker [1148] failed while handling '/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:04.0/usb2'"

I am fresh so whatever the fore described iso's do is all that I have attempted. I am going to attempt on a couple of more distro's before put forwarding to MS's influence. I make use of this to have a dual boot machine back in the day, it was a Pentium-4 40GB machine with windows 2000 & Red Hat & I keep in mind the install was quite effortless - here we are in 2010 & I am not able to consider that my PC is literally choking on these "stable Linux distro's". As uninterested as I am with Windows . regarding this I think that it works and install at the first time.

I do not why you people are facing this kind of issue. I have also installed the two operating system on my system. So regarding this I have searched a lot nut not able to get any perfect solution related to your issue. Here I will suggest you that Did you confirm that the disk was burned appropriately though? If your answer is yes and even though you are not able to install then you try burning the ISOs at a lower speed.

Would you be acquainted with how to do that along with the Gparted live CD? I have to have tried 10 dissimilar live CD's that all have booted in two additional computers, It immediately does not appear practical I would have to put up the graphic settings with so a lot of live CD's. I think it maybe a couple would be ok but this appears not usual to me. Somewhat appears wrong. but as you people know that I am not any kind of video expert.

I have read the post and in that one of the user has given the perfect or you can say that excellent advice. First you have to check that whether your CD is burned properly or not. And related to your thread I have to ask little bit more question to you i.e.
    1. Have you attempted to run as a "Live CD"? Have you measured booting from USB in place of DVD?