Thread: Need to install tar packages

Need to install tar packages

I get an error communication when endeavoring to run installer script when inaugurating a tar file. Here is the error communication. I have comprised a tar.gz file by means of the intention of I am endeavoring to install. In endeavoring to translate it to an rpm file I extracted it to its possess directory and ended up by means of a heap of .svg files. How do I install commencing here. I am moderately innovative to Slackware and encompass a couple of packages by means of the intention of I would similar to install by means of the intention of are in tgz.tar appearance. How are these packages installed. I had rummage approximately the web for answers additional than might not locate anything on this specific package format.

Re: Need to install tar packages

Are you utilizing a user by means of the intention of has authorization to untar and inaugurate the Acrobat Reader. What is the productivity of "ls -al /mnt/hda5/Software/Linux packages". And why do you encompass a space in a Linux file system register. Presently a personal pet peeve of excavation. Or is by means of the intention of a FAT file system. Give the impression of being similar to you are endeavoring to untar and install as root to me. I constantly install it as a customary user and encompass no tribulations unpacking it, additional than must get appropriate permissions for the install path. I be familiar by means of it has been a long time, additional than this come into view at the top of the Google search so this might assist someone.

It is praiseworthy of you to endeavor adding a number of helpful information onto what come into view to be uncertain. You have comprised and become aware of by means of the intention of it you are adding to are extremely previous (similar to 7 years in one case). Usually, most of them do not give confidence resurrecting long-dead, even though in this case, at least you encompass contributed incredible meaningful. It would encompass been superior if you had generated a brand innovative thread by means of a good title, and illustrate the tribulations clearly and make available your explanation, and marking it. I would imagine with the intention of Googlers would locate by means of the intention of to be a superior search result than these older with the intention of contain additional mixed information.

You almost certainly miss the gtk+-devel package, in view of the fact by means of the intention of it installs /usr/bin/gtk-config. It give the impression you miss an additional "dependency". On my FC6 the file gnome. It is under /usr/contain/libgnomeui-2.0 and is make available by the libgnomeui-devel-2.16.0-4.fc6 package. It is a substance of patience to go from side to side the entire the missing stuff. You determine to almost certainly necessitate some additional "devel" packages, by means of the intention of on Fedora and additional distros contain the entire the header files which determine to probable to be contained in the code you are compiling. Make sure cautiously for these kind of errors and endeavor to figure out which package make available the missing ones.

I had checkered and essentially endeavor to compile gipmsg by myself and I reach the conclusion by means of the intention of is an actual frightening! Subsequent to resolving the entire the issues correlated to the position of the .h files, it complains regarding unresolved symbols, misconfigured types and an assortment of additional common C error communication. I imagine the reason is by means of the intention of gipmsg is an extremely previous (1999) and unmaintained software and almost certainly the source code is not compatible by means of the afterward versions or descriptions of the gcc compiler. So, my merely advice is to give the impression of being for incredible more recent (e.g. gaim, called pidgin at present). Furthermore, you determine to probable locate the RPM for your system!

I am installing the entire the ALSA software commencing source rather than the repositories for the reason by means of the intention of the repositories are merely 1.0.14 and the most recent source is 1.0.16 I am doing this to endeavor and fix a tribulations by means of alsamixer (snd_ctl_open failed) and Kmix (no apparatus scheduled) impressive caused by an additional predicament. I got the advice to install the most recent software commencing ALSA project, commencing this discussion and whilst the entire the additional tars unpacked and installed, the tools one gave the error. So far, I have comprised and got Kmix to run the entire in excess of again, additional than not alsamixer. By the way, Amorak runs additional than does not have several sound. I have comprised and checkered Kmix to create certain the output is not muted, additional than I imagine the tribulations lies by means of alsamixer.