Thread: Cannot add user using Useradd command

Cannot add user using Useradd command

Yesterday, I started to work on my Linux project and as I go forward to this project I found a strange thing that is I could not add user. I have used useradd command for that, but then also I am not able to create new user. I want to create user and assign them to different groups like admin etc. but I could not do this. If anyone having knowledge on this then, do reply me. Any suggestions will appreciate. Thanks in advance.

Re: Cannot add user using Useradd command

In my point view, you should try to create new user by login as root, when you work on project and if you have not log in as root then this kind of query occurs. Next time when you work on your project the login as root and then try to add user. By doing this you can new user here i have given you command for the same. I hope this information may help you.
    • #cd /usr/sbin
    • #./useradd username

I think the user which you are created is may be existing but you may not that, I think your should find that user by using this command
    • #find / -name useradd.

By giving this command you can see the entire user which you have created in your directory. If you cannot see user which you created in user, then I think you should again create it using adduser command instead of useradd command. If you are having any other query then reply me.

I was getting same problem as you are getting now, i can pass whole steps for adding user but then also i cannot find it. Then i tried to add user in different way that is, when you adding new user then add it by editing such as /etc/passwd, /etc/shadow, and /etc/group manually and then you can create a directory for that. I haven’t tried this for adding new user, but I think this will work for you.