Thread: How to restore contacts and email back to windows mail from Ubuntu

How to restore contacts and email back to windows mail from Ubuntu

I don't have any problem in my system, but i am looking to restore my contacts and email back to windows mail from Ubuntu. This is because i have now installed mint operating system by replacing Ubuntu. I have tried to search this solution from internet but not able to get it. Is there anyone who has little bit knowledge about this issue? Please try to help me out. Any help regarding thsi will be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: How to restore contacts and email back to windows mail from Ubuntu

I have a solution for this problem, so try to go through the following steps. First you need to choose a format which is compatible with your files. Then try to save the files which you want to restore with different name. After doing that you need to backup the original files in the removable media. In order to import the files in the window mail from the ubuntu you need to click on File, then you need to highlight import and finally click on the Windows Contacts. Now you will require selecting the format. After selecting the format click on Import. Now you are done with that. I think after trying this solution you will be able to solve your issue.

I am unable to restore my contacts and email from the ubuntu. I have tried many solutions from the net and even i have tried the solution which is given above, but of no use. Can anyone suggest me some different method to do this restore. I am greatly in need of your help, so please try to help me out. Thanks.

Currently i am having ubuntu installed on my system, but i am planning to go for the Linux mint. I am worried about few things. Will it perform in the same way as the ubuntu does? Does it have the drop down menus present in it? Please try to give me more information related to the performance of the mint. I will be waiting for your reply, so please try to help me out as early as you can. Thanks.

I will suggest you to go for the Mint Live CD in order to in order to check the performance of Mint. With the help of this mint live CD you will be able to measure the performance of the mint. So try this out and make the proper decision with the help of this CD. I hope that it will help you out. The mint live CD is available on many internet sites, so you can download it from there.

Thanks for the reply. I have tried your solution for restoring my contacts and emails from the ubuntu and it has really restored it to my windows mail. I was really a nice solution as it helped me out in solving my issue. Once again i will like to thank you for your kind support.