Thread: Problem in downloading songs in linux

Problem in downloading songs in linux

Hello friends, recently I have updated from windows to linux on my computer system so I am pretty much new to linux. Yesterday, I brought a new iPod for me but the problem is that I am unable to download songs on my iPOd. This is because iPod needs software called iTunes which is not supported by linux. So, please can someone help me to sort out this issue. I am very much keen to download new songs onto my iPOd. Please someone give an exact solution for this in a simple language. I would be very thankful for those who will come up with a nice solution.

Re: Problem in downloading songs in linux

Can you tell me some of the configuration of your computer system. Also when you installed the iTunes software what was the message it was showing on your monitor screen. Have you tried it using some other software. Also, since you have mentioned that you were not able to use iTunes so it can be that the iTunes software that you have downloaded might be corrupted so you can try different software to download your songs. Since you have recently updated from windows to linux, so have you tried using the iTunes software on your system which was previously having windows on it or are you the first time user. Can you specify this to get the exact relevant solution.

Thanks for your instant reply, I would like to inform you that the previously i was having an mp3 player which worked very well on my system but when I had purchased a new iPod it required me to download iTunes software for syncing the songs. but when I tried downloading the software, I was unable to download iTunes because they dont support linux. I really dont know how to download songs on my iPod. If linux doesnt support iTunes, than most probably I have to switched to windows or I have to compromise my iPod both of which I dont want to do, So please can any one help me to sort out this issue.

Hey friend I would like to inform you that iTunes software which is specially designed for syncing songs using iPod and iPhone is only compatible with your Mac operating system or your windows operating system. They wont support Linux operating system due to some reason. So for all the iPod users who are using linux operating system you have to find an alternative approach to try syncing the songs on their iPod. You can find this software by searching the web and please I would want you to drop the idea of selling your iPod or switching from linux to some other operating system as both of them are really very cool thing to work together. So go on download the software and enjoy.

Hey I am also using iPod and have linux as operating system on my computer system. I had also faced the same problem of syncing songs on my iPod . Clearly its very bad for such a high caliber operating system like linux, to not support the iTunes software. I think they should have provision for supporting the software or should come up withe their own innovative software that is specially designed for syncing iTunes. However i have searched in the web and found out some very interesting software for syncing songs on iPod. You can Media Monkey software that goes hand on hand with linux. It is just like iTunes in Mac operating , and you can manage your music, video, podcast, rip CD, organize album art etc. So go on and download this software and enjoy the songs.

Hey this is for all those who wants to download songs on their ipod but without using iTunes. You can use the software named PwnPlayer, which has the capability to run on any platform including linux. Pwnplayer is an iPhone music player application that acts as an alternative to the default ipod application in your iPhone. Using this software you can download, sync your songs any time you want. You can also view your songs in Artists, Albums, Songs, Genre list etc. The most important feature of this software is that it supports album art display. With promising feature to run on any platform this is highly recommend software for all the iPod, iPhone users. You can easily download this software from any where in the web free of cost and enjoy the songs.

The users of iPod or iPhone who use linux operating system and who are facing a problem od songs downloading and who wants a simple and lightweight software to get your songs syncing quickly as possible than SharePod is the software for all of you. This software really has a simple interface as compared to other software. You can also play music directly from your iPhone within Sharepod. SharePod is just use for syncing the songs between iPod and your computer and doesn't have any other feature so its less complicated like others which is good for the users. So I would recommend you to go for this software.