Thread: Puppy Linux with Shockwave Player

Puppy Linux with Shockwave Player

Hello friend,
    Having a Puppy Linux compatible computer for the official and the home purpose. Mainly used this one for the internet access, I am using the home network for the internet access in a very fastest process. The problem I am not able to play the video file or to can’t stream them with the flash player plug in that I have in my computer and also in the Mozilla Firefox browser. I tried will all the possible to plug in the player codec plug in the Linux environment, but still now facing the similar issue. Any one is there can suggest me how to install the shockwave player on Puppy Linux? Any other suggestion will be greatly appreciated…..

Re: Puppy Linux with Shockwave Player

I have a simple solution for the installation of the shockwave player into any Linux version environment. Download it and put the library file of the player in the following path of the Firefox browser which is look like the /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/. Where you will found the file which is in the name of rox, this is the icon file of the desktop. Go to the downloaded file and extract the download file this will appear in the zip file, now you can easily install the Shockwave player in your Linux computer.

As per my knowledge the installation of the shockwave player will require the log in environment with the administrator user-name and the password. Make sure that you are log in with the administrator username and the password. If you are trying to install that one in the browser that you are using then first close the browser and then try to install that in to your computer. After the installation the browser will restart automatically and ask for apply the plug in of the player in the browser. Apply the plug in of the player and now try to play the video with the player.

Make user that the security feature of the system that you have to prevent the interruption of the other web sites while you accessing the internet service, for that the installation might be corrupted or stop the installation process. In the browser where you trying to install the Shockwave player the download button will appear automatically in the top corner of the window, click on that it will download the player according to the version of the operating system that you are using. And will instruct you will the desire steps to install the payer into the browser. Along with that recommend you to install the ActiveX control, which will help you to make the control of the browser which are using in the Linux.

There is a simple process to install the Shock-wave Player. This is works both in the windows and the Linux machine. Log in the machine with the administrator ID and the password; while you are installing the flash player make sure that the browser of your machine is closed. Because a plug file will might be installed in the browse while you install that one in your machine. Clean the browser cache and then open the browser and then download the installer file of that flash player. Click on the .exe file and install that one in the computer and also apply the plug-in in your browser. Go through the process this will help you to install the flash player in your Linux machine.