Thread: Making Faster Download in Ubuntu 9.10

Making Faster Download in Ubuntu 9.10

Hi friends, I had just installed Ubuntu operating System on my system. I had the internet connection on Ubuntu. Service Provide gives the good speed. But I am not able to download faster in Ubuntu 9.10. It downloads the content at the very low speed. I had searched for the Internet download Manager at Google search engine. But I am not able to found the solution for it. What can I do to download the content at a great speed? Is there any solution for it? Please help me! What can I do? I don’t have any idea about Ubuntu, because I’m very new at using Ubuntu. Thank you in advance!

Re: Making Faster Download in Ubuntu 9.10

I think there is no problem with Ubuntu 9.10, because the download speed are provided by the bandwidth which is provided by your ISP that is your Service Provider. The download speed may get low due to browsers cache. It may have got full. Clear your Cache first; you can delete your browsers cache periodically. Firefox do provide some tweaks that make your internet download speed faster. You may get the help by clearing the previous cache.

Let me know if this speeds things up a bit. It is fact that the download speed depends on the service provider. It depends on the internet connection, how fast is your download speed. The useful thing provided by the Firefox is DownThemAll! . It is the add on provided by the Firefox. It may find you helpful. Or make use of the Download manager which helps you to download the content at good speed.

I f your Ubuntu is not providing you the good downloading speed, then I will suggest you to turn off the Desktop Effects. To turn of Desktop Effects click to the System, after System then go to the preference, in preference go to Appearance, then lastly click to the Visual Effects tab. In that select “none” option. Inform me what happens. Or the problem may also occur in the upgrade process. Then I will suggest you to re install Ubuntu on to your system.

I want to share some thing to you about the Ubuntu manual. Ubuntu manual is the comprehensive guide for the beginners of the Ubuntu Operating system. It is available to you at Ubuntu-manual.org web page. It is open source license and is free to download. It will help you to become familiar with the daily task of surfing to the web or listening to the music. It is really suitable at all the level of experience. This will surely help you to fix your issue.