Thread: Sound quality in Linux is bad

Sound quality in Linux is bad

I have recently purchased Linux Fedora 7 for my system before this I was using Windows XP operating system on it. It is great operating system to have in my system but thing I am missing in it is the sound quality which is not a tall satisfactory as compare to the sound quality in Windows operating system. So if anyone have solution for this issue to improve the sound quality in my system do I have to perform any action to improve it please let me know if anyone have solution for it.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Sound quality in Linux is bad

I think you should see which sound drive is used in your system and if your system is using generic sound drive. I think this can be the reason of low quality sound in your Linux system, so to resolve sound issue you can try to use some other sound drive after which you might see some improvement done in your Sound issue. I think you should go for some specific sound drive to resolve sound issue with Linux system.

Sound excellence depends on both the drivers and the codecs which is used in system. I think finest to use native codecs in the system for the system because several programs also look to handle music superior than other like mplayer. You can also prefer which audio driver to use in the alternatives. Normally ALSA is placed in system as sound drive which is NOT always the finest driver to use. I think you can try to go for “JACK sound driver” that is one of the superior drivers to use for your system. I think this might resolve your sound problem in Linux.

I think there can be issue with the Linux driver which are not able to perform particularly good work to provide you with great sound quality. Other than this this problem might be of the version you are using currently, i think you should try to use Fedora 13 which the latest version for Linux this might not have similar sound issue as such. You can also try to switch from the onboard realtek soundcard to some other such as an PCI Sound Blaster card which might help you to resolve the sound problem and let me know if your still have any such issue.