Thread: How to get Thunar file manager on Slackware 11 and Fluxbox in Linux

How to get Thunar file manager on Slackware 11 and Fluxbox in Linux

I have got system which currently has Slackware 11.0 and fluxbox window manager other than this I am using xterm for everything I perform on the system. But I am new to this system and applications and I don’t know much about Linux system, so I want to have file manager in my system and I am thinking about having Thunar I have heard about it from my couple of friends. So I want to know will this will be compatible to have Thunar as file manager in my system and what are features of it which will benefit me. Also I want to know about flux window manager what it provides and how it works in my system. So if anyone currently using it please let me know.

Re: How to get Thunar file manager on Slackware 11 and Fluxbox in Linux

You are using Fluxbox that is a window manager for all system and it is based on the Blackbox 0.61.1 code. It is extremely light on resources and simple to handle but still it provide with great features to create and make a simple and enormously fast desktop practice. It provide with lots of native alternatives such as tabbing which you can use to create tab, grouping to make group of similar data. Provide with a lengthy list of key commands, it also have extendable Keygrabber and it has entirely editable menu on it. So this all are the features which are provided by your flux window manager.

As you are using slackware 11.0 you may need to install the perl-uri to solve the all the dependencies difficulties which are there with Thunar file manager to work with Slackware 11.0 and fluxbox. I think after this you will be able to install it and you can use in your Linux system. You can install Thunar file manager from the official Linux website, you may have to pay or it might be free application, so I think you should checkout the official website and get the application in your system. This can be the best way to have the application in your system.

Your choice of going for Thunar file manager for your system with slackware 11.0 Linux and fluxbox window manager is good move. Because Thunar file manager is quite light weight and it works great in Linux system but for this you need to have Xfce Desktop Environment in your system. So I think first you need to have Xfce in your system to work with Thunar file manager, because Thunar is modern file manager. So you can have it in your system for managing files of your system with modern file manager.