Thread: DWL-g122 USB modem is not working with windows 7

DWL-g122 USB modem is not working with windows 7

I have recently purchased a dwl-g122 USB modem of D-LINK and trying to use it with my windows 7 system but some how it is not detecting. I am having the Dell vostro laptop and trying to use the usb modem to connect the laptop and have an access over internet but failed to do so. The thing here is that initially when i was having the windows XP operating system than it was working fine but as i have installed the windows 7 it is not working. Is there is the issue of compatibility or so and if yes then let me know how to get rid of it. Please help me to solve this problem.
    Last edited by Gaganasindhu; 09-11-2010 at 08:42 AM.

Re: DWL-g122 USB modem is not working with windows 7

There must be a problem in the driver of the USB modem. It may happen that if the driver is missing of damaged then the system tends to give such error. Or the USB modem that you are trying to use must not be compatible with the windows 7. Now what you have to to is just try and install the driver from the disk that you must be having with you provided by the retailer. Installing the driver will definitely solve your problem. I hope that this problem will not occur again if the drivers are maintained properly.

As mentioned by you that the Modem was working fine with the windows XP and now you are facing the problem with the windows 7 i thing there may be an issue of compatibility associated with it. The thing here is that if you are not able to do the proper installation of the drivers related to the windows 7 then this problem arises. Now what you have to do here is that just install the proper driver associated with the windows 7 and the USB Modem or just stick to the windows XP only because it is not bad in performance compared to the windows 7. I hope that this will help you to solve the issue.

It has clearly mentioned by Microsoft that the DWL-g122 USB modem is not compatible with the windows 7 operating system. So don't try and use this modem because it is of no use with the operating system. So there are only two options left with either to change the modem itself or change the operating system. I hope that changing the operating system will help you get rid of the problem.

Thank you for the vital information that you have provided to me, The thing here is now i came to know that it is not possible for me to work with this modem as i will not change the operating system. So please suggest me the best USB modem that will be compatible with windows 7 and also will suit the system configuration of mine. also let me know the specifications of the USB modems that will let me know the modem in detail.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that you can get rid of this issue by just installing the LAN card on your system. The thing here is that if you will install the LAN card on the system it will help you to connect the internet without any disturbance and also will not give you any compatibility issues with the windows 7. Also try and use the wifi it will also help you to to get the uninterrupted network connection. As mentioned by you that you are using the dell laptop and i am sure that wifi will support your system.

In this case i will suggest you to use the Conexant USB ADSL LAN Modem. It has the best connecting ability and also will help you to solve your problem. Here are the specifications of the Conexant USB ADSL LAN Modem:
    • Category: Network and Modem
    • Manufacturer: Conexant
    • Caution Level: Intermediate
    • Download File Size: 3.9 MB
    • Operating System: Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 98SE, Windows ME, Windows NT4, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003

Conexant USB ADSL LAN Modem is a modem that uses the USB interface for the connection.It also offers you the DMT modulation and demodulation and adaption modem operations on your system.