Thread: Addons for Linux

Addons for Linux

I have just started trying my hands in the world of the Linux; also I want to say that I am not at all happy at this very moment. Well I want to say that it is not the issue. I was at the first with the Windows and I would say that I was quite content with the same. Well regarding the reason why I have shown up myself here, so actually I was ex WoW player and I really want to know how I can have the same here on the Ubuntu. I want it back and I will be happy if I can have the same back with the previous interface that it used to have. In addition to that I also want to tell I loved downloading the addons so that I can change the look of WoW and at the same time experience the functionality of WoW. Now the thing is that I am finding it extremely difficult to have a good source so that I can have the fine addons for the UBUNTU. So I have decided to have some help for the addons. Please help me out guys here. The users from the Linux background will be really favored a lot. Please tell me what are the addons that you have on the Linux and let me see if they can be useful to me in any manner.

Re: Addons for Linux

You have asked for the addons for the Linux then I think that it will be nice if we can start the thread with the FUN ADDONS. On the very first occasion I would like to introduce the COWSAY. Actually the Cowsay is a program. It is used to produce ASCII pictures of a cow with a message. In other words I would say that cowsay is a childish little command line text filter that put on view a cow saying (or we can say thinking) whatever text that has been entered in it. On the same note it can be used to create pictures using pre-made images of other animals as well. Hope that you will find the Cowsay a little of use to you. For other addons see for the replies from other members.

I think that the security is at the prime level, and I think that we take of the security so that it won’t get break. So keeping that thing in mind I have come up here with the Information Security Addons. In this section I have come up with the Grsync. Grsync is used in such a way that the folders and the file can be synchronized in a much better way. It can also be used so that the backups can be created. Grsync is a straightforward graphical interface that uses GTK2 for the rsync command line program. At the very moment it supports only an inadequate set of the vital rsync features, but in that case too it can be used can be used for local directory synchronization. The associated programs for the Grsync are rsync and the ssh-askpass.

rsnapshot and I think that it is the next addon that I should introduce here for all of you. rsnapshot is basically a remote filesystem snapshot utility and in addition to that it is based on the rsync. It can also be used for making the backups of local and remote systems. With hard links, it is likely to keep multiple, full backups instantaneously accessible. Quite possible to set up in just a few minutes, depending on the configuration. It is the application that is written in the Pearl language. It has the support for the modern UNIX compatible OS. Hence I think that it is nice to have this thing for the use.

Talking about the addons for the Ubuntu so I think that one should not miss on the Ubuntu Tweak and the Compiz. Well I have two things this time with me and I am sure that they will definitely prove to be a better addon. First talking about the Ubuntu Tweak. Ubuntu Tweak is an application that can be used so that the Ubuntu can be used in a lot easier manner. It can be configured in such a way that everyone can use the UBUNTU in a much simpler manner. It not only configures the Ubuntu but also offers a lot of useful desktop options and system options. It provides all that options that are not provided by the default desktop environment. I am sure that with the help of this addon you will be able to enjoy Ubuntu.

I have come up here with the Network Addons for the Linux and hence I have come up with the EtherApe. EtherApe is actually a graphical network monitor. It is actually for the Unix and is replicated after etherman. It features link layer, IP and TCP modes. In addition to all that it demonstrates network movement graphically. Also as per the traffic the size of the hosts and links changes. In the support section or I would say row it has support for the Ethernet, FDDI, Token Ring, ISDN, PPP and SLIP devices. Also it possesses the ability because of which it can filter the traffic and also read the traffic from a file or from a network. In addition to this addon there are other adddons and they are iftop, ndiff, NetStat, Ntop and SYYSSTAT.

Productivity Addons, I think that it is the addons that should help in ending the discussion. I have the sniper, FlexGet, Gimp, and VirtualBox. To start with I will first have the sniper. Sniper is an uncomplicated, lightweight tool for sneering ebay auctions. It runs on all the distributions of the Linux, Unix and Windows. I think that it can be made adaptable with other operating systems as well. Next is the FlexGet. It is a flexible mechanization tool for content resembling nzbs, podcasts, comics, etc. Different kinds of sources like RSS-feeds, html pages and csv files can be handled using the FlexGet. On the other hand VirtualBox is a lot more powerful x86 and AMD64/Intel64 virtualization artifact for venture as well as for the home use.