Thread: Windows XP bootable CD requesting for CD in drive A

Windows XP bootable CD requesting for CD in drive A

After running support windows XP installation through nLite, I obtain a message on the primary installation screen for me to - insert the windows XP CD in drive A. If I make use of my source installation I do not obtain this message, which I get after implementing nLite. Even if presently assembly a bootable ISO, no patches/hotfixes, tweaks, settings, etc. anybody ever observe this and /or be acquainted with how to accurate this or how to correct this issue? Please help for this small but important issue.

Re: Windows XP bootable CD requesting for CD in drive A

Just tell me what kind of Windows install is it? You necessitate generating a .txt file named "WIN51" and a file named "WIN51IP" If it is XP Pro or if it is if it is home then "WIN51IC". After that a third file with the extension of the service packs: "WIN51IP.SP3" if it is pro or "WIN51IC.SP3" if it is Home. Every 3 of these files belong at the root of your disk Right next to the "I386" directory. If it is 2003 then the files are diverse or different. But you can discover the information on msfn.org.

Please don't let off me for leaving this post, but by at the present people should have been using SP3 and I really don't for all time like to have things clear for me. So I put it, in case people did not look for somewhere else. Here is my circumstances and what I have completed. I wanted to have a XP Pro Install with SP3. I did not require startup or activation codes so that I could get it to the dissimilar OEM machines and they could use their own codes: I create a folder on my desktop In it, I copied the i386 folder. I also shaped these files making certain there was no extension. Using Notepad and doing a file- save as with no .TXT and placing the file name in speech marks. I then shaped my NLite and pointed at the XP Source folder, no errors popped up. I after that elected "Unattended" and "Bootable ISO" on the subsequently screen. The only thing that I did adjust was the "Ask earlier than downloading automatic updates". I shaped the ISO. The XP Pro machine I did this one has a bad CD Burner, so I had to using one more computer. I used infra-recorder to burn the ISO to an empty disk. After all that I distorted the boot series in the PC I was doing this in and no errors, troubles. Worry free setup.

I educated of san's SE designer from an Easy Solution article which straightly addressed a difficulty I have been fighting. I have three Compaq desktops, one of which has been downward for last many weeks, ever since loading Microsoft's beta anti-spyware. The down system misplaced all networking ability and runs very gradually when booted in general, approximately normal apart from for networking, in Safe Mode. Neither system was shipped with master install or brand new recovery disks. Every one of my efforts at restoring to previous checkpoints has been pointless, nothing are useable.

I see your problem and have some steps to solve this:
    1. You have to make use of XP SP1 source files at the end. I suggest SP2.
    2. There are old files at C:\i386, with no SP1 included.
    3. First just backup the files, copy c:\i386 to c:\xp_sp2.
    4. Download XP SP2 and slipstream to c:\xp_sp2.
    5. Run PEBuilder (which assists or help you to build a bootable Window CD-Rom or DVD from Windows XP or Windows Server 2003) at the present and use source c:\xp_sp2.

To superior clear the state just check the below steps:
    1) The installed \i386 directory is simple XP.
    2) The system was afterward upgraded to SP2 via the Service Pack or Windows Update.
    3) The advance process does not modify the \i386 directory, it basically installs the advanced or upgrades to system.
    4) You require, to merge or combine the \i386 directory with upgrades (SP2)
    5) This is superior complete, by copying the original \i386 directory to one more place and apply the modifying to the copy, so that you still have the unique untouched.
    "All gave some, some gave all."

I downloaded and slipstreamed in XP, making a fresh directory copy having my i386 folders, and updated to SP2, most probably. I ran PE Builder, which currently runs with no refusing the version, and it created C:\pebuilder2390b, some 150 MB of files. Though, the log stream reported 1 mistake and 2 warnings, and unsuccessful to generate a CD: The Warning is: “Using an OEM file set may mean problem and the Error is: i386\NETAC300.INF misplaced. Another Warning is: i386\SYSTEM32\NTOSKRNL.EXE missing. Any guidance please?