Thread: Windows in Fusion with Mac

Windows in Fusion with Mac

I am quite new to the mac operating system as I am used to with Windows 7 on my desktop pc. Now I have installed Fusion and Windows 7 Professional on my newly bought Macbook. I have gone through the Windows Box which indicated me that the 'assistant' has allocated enough ram as I have installed x64 bit version. I am gonna use 2GB of RAM along with the hard disk of 40 Gbs. So I guess I need to update my RAM till then I will be using Mac only. So can anybody tell me that how can I remove the Windows and start again?

Re: Windows in Fusion with Mac

I have gone through the official website of the VMWare fusion where it has been mentioned that the new VMWare Fusion lets you install the All the versions of the Windows 7 as well as Vista in conjunction with the Mac OS X on your macbook. So I guess you must be using an older version of the VMWare to install the Windows 7 on your macbook. I suggest you to go to an official website of the VMWare where you can find out the way to install the Windows 7 x64 bit version on your macbook.

There is no need to update your RAM on your macbook as if you have 2 Gb RAM on your macbook which seems to be enough for running two operating systems in fusion by using the VMWare so why to get expensive for solving a problem which can sorted out by just upgrading the software which you are using to run those two OS. Creating VMware Fusion 3.1 is nearly completed and it is offering to download its new version which has some more improved features. As comparing with the beta version of the same which was released in a March, this VMWare Fusion version [ 3.1RC - form - Mac OS X 10.5 - VF] is offered as being extra reactive.

By installing the VMWare Fusion 3.1 you can get an ultimate Windows experience on your Macbook but you would be needing the WDDM 1.0 driver, and make the most of Windows 7 with Windows Aero and Flip 3D animations. Animated transitions to and from full-screen view and expanded third party application support deliver convenient new ways to fully appreciate Windows on your Mac. From the simple installation of Windows to its everyday use, VMware Fusion 3 was designed to give you the ultimate Windows Experience on the Mac.

Somehow I have managed to install my Windows 7 x64 bit on my Macbook by the help of new VMWare but one thing I have found very much annoying on windows 7 that it gets sleep after I guess every 30 minutes which makes it bit difficult to know that my laptop is still working or not. Actually one day I rebooted my laptop as then I found that it was just sleeping. So is there anyway by which I can stop this feature or at least extend its time?

Windows 7 has a default feature which puts the computer in sleep mode after every 30 minutes which is actually good on a physical PC. This is simple to fix and just takes a few minutes to generate a virtual machine savvy power management profile by doing the following.
    • Go to the Start button and type “Power” into the Search bar after clicking on the Run.
    • Choose “Change power-saving settings” and then click on the “Create a power plan”.
    • Select “High Performance” as the basis and select “VMware” as a name press Next button.
    • Change the setting of “Put the computer to sleep” as Never and then click on Create button.

Here is the list of new Fusion 3.1:
    1. Better graphics performance for games and 3D applications: support for OpenGL 2.1 for Vista and Windows 7, the best performance for Shader Model 3, better performance for Aero, improved compatibility for OpenGL applications modeling.
    2. Better support for USB devices function EasyConnect can quickly assign a device to a virtual machine, and remember the settings that were made.
    3. Larger virtual machines: Support for eight-way SMP was added, and the maximum size of the disk of a machine going from 950 GB to 2 TB
    4. Better support for virtual machines from Boot Camp: best disk performance, better management of disk configuration, and added an option to avoid requests for authentication when using a Boot Camp virtual machine.
    5. Moving from a PC: the status of migration is now displayed on the PC, conflicts are avoided on ports, problems with guest account in Mac OS X now resolved.
    6. User Experience Improvement Program, which allows voluntary registration on the user, collect anonymous information about the general functioning of the software.
    7. Over 200 bugs fixed.
    8. Several fixes in the interface.