Thread: PC Freezing after installing Ubuntu with Windows 7

PC Freezing after installing Ubuntu with Windows 7

I am facing some problems from last few days. So thought to take some your suggestions. A few months ago started my laptop was freezing after a short time after the start or restart either. Only by luck or if I loaded it directly (start game, live stream, ...) it does not crashed, and then held several hours through without problems. I told myself just so that the laptop is already good 3-4 years now and as I no longer use almost threw it. Since yesterday I have the problem but also on my desktop PC. At first I thought, it will probably be something malicious, full Kaspersky scan etc, nothing found. Now and then it just re-launched, sometimes it freezes, sometimes it still showed a blue screen with an unknown hardware problem. Since I set up dual boot with Ubuntu, I had booted into Ubuntu and had no problems, nothing in the syslog to hardware problems, etc., for several hours without problems. Anyway because I wanted to switch from XP to Win7, got me quickly about the University of the MSDNAA iso and wanted to quickly pulled Windows 7 on it. During the install of the PC started Win7 reason and because the new MBR thanks to windows was gone, I stood there without OS. When the installation is somehow strange Win7 with partition management, so I have new items, WinXP CD and tried to format as completely and slip on XP again. Another cause for the failure is otherwise just a hardware problem. So PC screwed everything sometimes looked at, dusted, etc., nothing found. A buddy said it had also times when it lags turn that the CPU did not work, but as I about the Ubuntu Live CD can still work (so far no freeze etc) is because I can not get. Then wanted to install Ubuntu to be able to work a little faster, while a the installation freezed my PC, reboot, next try, again freeze during installation. So is not due to Windoze but the problem also occurs on Linux.

Re: PC Freezing after installing Ubuntu with Windows 7

Your error message is in itself a very complex problem because the error in either the Windows version (Image / DVD), but is a mistake that can be identified not just Windows. The bottom line is this: when you could of CPU RAM to various controllers all be broken on your board. Unknown hard error is nothing more than a mistake that the system can not locate real. Any Linux Live distributions you should be particularly unlikely to help, Linux always has a very high tolerance limit, terms such as defective hardware. Recently I had a SUPER PROBLEM with Windows, Linux has little disturbed, in the end it was my hard drive ... unfortunately without Blue Screen! I would advise you to somewhere you a Ram bolt and a CPU to try to organize, most recently perhaps a new board if nothing works out like this .... Also it would had better if you have provided with the system config.

Also it would had better if you have provided with the system config.
    Sorry for the incomplete information. Right now I hang with the problem of finding the exact cause. The following is the BIOS PC Health Status:
    CPU Temperature: 31 ° C
    System Temperature: 23 ° C
    CPU FAN Speed: 2846 RPM
    SYS FAN1 / 2 Speed: 0 RPM
    CPU Vcore: 1.352V
    3.3V: 3.344V
    5V: 5.045V
    12V: 12.232V
    5V SB: 5.097V
    Here, the data about my system:
    • CPU: Intel Core2Duo E6750@2.66GHz
    • RAM: Corsair 2x 1GB Kit
    • HDD: Samsung HD161HJ 160GB
    • Video card: NVidia 8600 GTS
    • Motherboard: MSI MS-7360
    Hope you can thus start something, I do not know what to do at the moment. Please help me to sort out this problem.

I was also having the similar issue (much similar). But suddenly before few days Memtest run 2 hours without errors. If this helps I will let the day pass the night with Memtest. Since I have no problems with the LiveCD, I suspect the problem is not on the DVD-LW, but I will try it another. I just out my second SATA hard drive ran (which is similar to old), is also not on the OS - with the XP CD again the unknown hard error - ubuntu Live CD will boot normally and detects and mounted both drives without problems. Will post the same time the results with the DVD-LW. Anyone else got an idea? Since I had not yet LiveCD freeze (except for the install), it could be possibly a little narrow. However, I do not know how the components which are subjected to install the .. In question would still HDD, PSU and RAM, or am I wrong? At the temperature, it is probably not because of the freeze occurred regardless of the uptime ..

Should be I would rather rely on the CPU cache, it IF the CPU. Motherboard and RAM, so Asus is indeed usually at the top, depending on what you have in front would be worthwhile with your APPLIANCE yes possibly just a little board, the computer shop around the corner because you will surely find something. RAM is difficult to say, especially in this day and age But I always have a Kingston or Samsung in stock, for testing purposes. Kingston is indeed almost always compatible, Samsung is also quite reliable. Is of course something stupid to test various individual steps, but the same problem I had that out. In the way I have 2 new ASRock boards, a Core 2 Duo CPU and memory something in stock that I bought in order to avoid the error with me.

Since I now have an older version of the Ubuntu Live CD had taken, I never imagined the latest version drawn. When I tried to boot from it, was a mistake that in the Bios the "Execute Disabled Bit" is set to Disabled, but enabled me to the security reasons. Now I thought that this solved the problem since, but XP CD was still lacking. With the new Ubuntu Live CD I could boot and install but now - with no freeze. Now I have again got a working OS. Then I thought mach VM with XP, I have then created a VM so that it will boot from my real CD drive from the XP CD. But then there came the same mistake as in real life too, so the blue screen before installing unknown hard error. I never imagined the. Iso file in it pulled into my computer and let me emulate the VM's CD drive with the iso. And then suddenly it went. Actually, one concludes that it should either create my drive or the CD. However, as occurs with 4 different CD's of the same mistakes that I have each tested in other PCs, I can exclude that. My LW, I can actually exclude, as I have connected on the one hand, the LW from my sister - same error even under VM - and even my old IDE drive - the same (only audience laughed tears).