Thread: CD's created on Macbook kill my PC

CD's created on Macbook kill my PC

I own 2 systems in my home. Once is a apple macbook and the other is a Desktop PC running Windows XP. Once I Write the CDs using my macbook. It writes perfectly and runs as well. Then I put it in my PC’s disk drive. The system shows some error message and I couldn’t able to close that error window. So I went for restart. The system didn’t allow me to restart. I checked the PC disk drive but all seems to be fine. There was no scratches, no cracks at all. What was the problem though?

Re: CD's created on Macbook kill my PC

Before giving solution to your actual problem I need clarify several information. Do you have the latest windows updates in your PC? Which OS is using in your macbook? What kind of files did you burn in that CD? What Format you used to write that CDs? Have you tried those disks in Mac which is running Windows? Is the disk burning status completes its 100% target or terminated at the end? Find the answer for these questions and you will definitely get the solution.

What kind of error message you are getting? If it is the error with blue screen then probably the memory dump issue. Fist you need to analyze the memory dump which is located “”C:\Windows\Minidump”” in your XP box. It may be corrupted due to some antivirus driver. While crash the process called Sonic DLA may be interacting with one of those drivers. That’s why you won't be able to restart the PC.

I think the Mac OS X extended version does not allow to be compatible with windows XP. In this case you need t o have some additional drivers for your Mac. Next time going for the burn process try the different format. Do not try only a single burning application if you are not getting result. There are free applications which are used to compatible with one another. Like the InCD matches most of the features of Nero.

Slow down the burning speed in application so that it could read efficiently. The ITunes burned in those CDs may not work with windows. Also download the latest java virtual machine on Mac. Burn some of the music files and check it using the portable players. If the players will play those files, then assume that the problem is in your Windows PC. There also be chance that if you used disk utility to burn those CD then Pc cannot able to see. The utility only burns Mac formatted CD. Use some third party product to avoid this issue.