Thread: Installing windows on a MAC is safe from viruses?

Installing windows on a MAC is safe from viruses?

I am referring to windows on a Mac. Does the virus on windows on a Mac have an effect on the whole Mac system or anything you call it? Is it going to be dangerous? Coz if it is, then I won't trouble installing windows on my Mac system. Answers are very much respected and appreciated. While I am so happy with my Macs, and will never go back to Windows, I have come to understand that I only require having it in order to do appropriate learning. I have been toying with the thought of installing Windows, but I know it opens up for every the Windows bugs. Though, can I get infected with these viruses at the same time as working in the OSX partition? Apart from for downloading a hardly any applications onto Windows, I won't be online.

Re: Installing windows on a MAC is safe from viruses?

It’s depending on which one, Mac OSX or the Windows on a Mac. Running Windows on a Mac is similar to running Windows on any additional given computer. Viruses can and the majority probable will influence Windows. Mac OSX itself is protected to Windows Viruses due to the different Operating System. But it is not protected to viruses which are not aiming Windows but OSX.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

Mac OSX itself is resistant to Windows Viruses due to the dissimilar Operating System. As a result a virus which is under attack or targeted to infect Windows cannot infect OSX. OR If you are running Windows inside of Fusion or VMware and a Mac folder is shared so that it is easily reached or accessible from inside Windows, a malicious Windows program could remove or erase those Mac files or wash them for email addresses or no matter what it is they do. It is Just something to maintain in mind.
    Desktop * Athlon X2 4200 | 2048M RAM | 160G HD | 7600GT
    MacMini * G4 1.33GHz | 512M RAM | 40G HD | Radeon 9200
    Laptop * Sempron 2800 | 512M RAM | 60G HD
    PDA * Dell Axim x51 | 128M Internal | 256M SD Card

If you are running your Windows as a virtual engine or as a virtual machine on your Mac, you are vulnerable to viruses. These would be windows-based viruses. So, the short respond to your query is: No you are not secure from viruses at the same time as running Windows. You should install anti-virus software on your Windows panel or virtual engine/machine. You do NOT necessitate anti-virus software on your Mac running OS X. I expect this is understandable.
    ASUS P5VD1-X
    Intel Pentium Dual Core 3.00GHz
    Maxtor 160GB
    Corsair 1.5GB PC3200 RAM
    Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT 256mb
    Phillips DVD RW
    Magna 500W PSU
    XION II Steel Black Gaming Case