Thread: WoW64 huge log file problem

WoW64 huge log file problem

I use a desktop machine and it is been installed with Windows 7. The problem that I am receiveing is with the sysWoW64/LogFiles/SYSTEM/ log files is been generating. I have observed that this log files are related to Avast Antivirus Pro so I disabled the same but still I get the issue that is the log files keeps on showing up. I do not know what could have been causing the problem. Please help me out so that I can make the issue to be sorted and then work accordingly as required.

Re: WoW64 huge log file problem

The problem could be resolved by removing or deleting the log file that is been created by every scan. It could be that you are not removing or moving the log files that is been generated and may be it gets accumulated to the size of the disk which is vacant. So check out well by making the changes to be performed well and work accordingly which will be helpful for you. Remove the generated log files and then make the system to be restart. I hope then no log files will be generated which occupies your disk space. Check out.

Some malware is been affecting the system and hence you are not able to get sort the problem. All you have to do is to perform a boot scan of the system using a powerful antivirus application and then check out. As the boot scan is been done try to scan the system well and get the threat to be detected. As the threat is been detected the Antimalware program should be able to remove the same. Now check out by restarting the system and make sure that Avast Antivirus is been removed as well. It has been affected. So get to a better conclusion by performing the desired steps that is been assisted.

If you are getting the log file issue with Avast application then I would suggest you to perform a reinstallation of the application and then check out for the issue. As this is been done you may then be able to get sort of the change. Remove the application from Add/remove program and then you have to restart the system in safe mode. Now get the fresh copy of the application and make it install to the system. I hope this will resolve. Or else you can also perform a step that will be helpful for disabling the log file generation or deleting it that is by following the steps as below:

• You have to make disable the self defense
    • Now net stop "avast! Antivirus"
    • Again net stop "avast! firewall
    • Perform taskkil /F /IM "avastui.exe

As the above things is been performed you may then be able to sort the issue.