Thread: Linux replace Windows 7

Linux replace Windows 7

I have bought a new laptop for me and the thing is that I want to have the Windows 7 installed on that system. Well I do not know how I can do this. Actually I want to say that I have heard that in order to install the Windows 7 the laptop should have support for the previous version of the Windows. As my laptop is brand new and I do not have any clear vision for the same, so can you all please clear my doubt regarding the same? Is it true that I will not be able to install the Windows 7 on my new laptop? Please suggest me the way by which I can see this happening.

Re: Linux replace Windows 7

Well it is not the case that you have heard of. The only thing that I want to tell you is that if you have the CD for the Windows 7 then you can proceed with the installation of the Windows 7 without any issue. Just place the CD in the CD drive and set the boot device as the CD and then proceed with the installation. Hope that you will be able to see the Windows 7 on the laptop of yours.

I have also heard the same sort of things for the Windows 7 and I think that in order to proceed with the installation you will have to first fix the Master Boot Record (MBR). After that amend the BIOS so that the DVD drive is the foremost boot device. If you have installed the Windows XP or any other Windows operating system then you will have no problem in installing the Windows 7. Just follow the instructions and you will be able to see that thing getting installed on the laptop.

Installing the Windows 7 on the newer partition or the new laptop or the system is very easy. It is simply in the same manner that we use to install the Windows XP on the system. If at all you are having problem in installing the Windows 7 then you can just have a look at the following thread and that thread will help you in installing the Windows 7 on the laptop. In the following thread you will find a way by which you can install the Windows 7 on the MacBook Air. Just follow the link: Installing Windows 7 on Macbook air

I am here with a reverse problem. The thing is that I have the Windows 7 on the laptop and I want to have the Linux on the laptop. The Windows 7 that I have on the laptop is the Windows 7 32 bit version and it is the basic operating system. Now I want to know if I can have the Linux on the same laptop. Please tell me the steps by which I can have the Linux on the system. Also in addition to that I will be happy if you can tell me if I can have both the Operating Systems.