Thread: XP Repair Problem

sad XP Repair Problem

Hi all..,now a days my system gets hanged on loading screen....this problem generally occurs 1s in a week....when this occur,i generally use XP Repair...,and system gets alright after repair...this is common for me....but yesterday,when the same thing happend,i started Repair...while repair is going on....power gone in my house and because of less charging in UPS,my system gone shutdown in the middle of the repair[During this time..it asked me to insert Nvidia cd and i inserted and it is doing some repair]...after power getting back when i restarted the computer...the system gone upto loading screen...but after loading screen the screen is going blank just cursor is active,nothing else is happening...when i tried to repair it again the blue repair screen something like...already the upgrade process happend in c:/windows xp professional and do u wish to continue this press Enter to upgrade f3 to quit and esc to clean install

then i clicked Enter and again repair started...but after reebooting[during repair process only] system again shows blank screen with active cursor after loading screen...

Please help me in this situation...now im accessing internet via using UBUNTU virtual image..my xp is still not working...not even safe mode

NOTE:-

my system got some important stuff thatswhy im not willing to format and reinstall whole xp again...so please understand my situation and help me.....
    Last edited by danpotter; 02-11-2010 at 02:09 PM.

Re: XP Repair Problem

someone please reply me..

Re: XP Repair Problem

Normally when the Power gets Off during the repairing process and when you continue it later on, that repairing process continues from the last point (since it files get restored in C. This happens only while repairing and not during installation. Since you are getting different problem here, I would suggest you to proceed by clean installation. But before that also try the upgrade (F3) option.

system again shows blank screen with active cursor after loading screen
    Wait for sometime. I know normally this doesn't happen, but I think that you should wait for sometime. Even after sometime you are having same issue, then formatting is only option.