Thread: How to capture streaming videos in Mac OS

How to capture streaming videos in Mac OS

Hi I am having a mac mini laptop and using it from last few months also it is serving me the best and I am happy that I own an apple mac mini. I want to capture the streaming video and it on my system. The thing here is that I ant download the videos from web on to my laptop. I have tried to do the same but somehow was not able to do it. I don’t know what is wrong with it please help me in capturing the videos. If anybody knows how to capture these videos then please let me know in detail.

Re: How to capture streaming videos in Mac OS

Capturing videos is nothing but downloading the videos from internet on to your system. And if you are facing problem in downloading then there are only two issues related to that is the network problem or the file that you are trying to download Is not proper. Video streaming means capturing packets from streaming media player. And during this download one or two packets are not found then the download process is completely failed.

To capture the video you can use the WM recorder. The WM recorder allows you to download and capture the streaming video and audio. It is one of the powerful and efficient video recorder. The WM video recorder helps you to download or record all types of video files such as Flash .FLV and .MP4 Video (HTTP, RTSP) Also the Windows Media audio and video streams (HTTP, MMS, RTSP) Are supported. The thing here is that it is compatible on almost all systems including apple’s Mac os. It will helpful for you to download the videos through the WM recorder.

According to me you have to use the Net Transport 2.x recorder. It helps you have to download all kind of video files from internet on to your system. Actually the thing here is that you have to follow the all the instruction properly to download the video then the downloading process will not fail. Using this you can also download the authenticated files also and also it allows you to download the files that are password protected. So if you want to download the streaming video files on your system than there is no better choice than the Net Transport 2.x. I hope that it will solve your problem.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that if you want to download the video streaming files than you have to use the Jaksta that allows you to download and store the video files . It supports all file formats and has the ability to work on any platform. So compatibility will not be an issue. Here are some of the file formats that are supported by the Jaksta :
    • Flash Video (.FLV, .MP4) through HTTP and RTMP protocols
    • Downloading streaming Windows Media (.ASF, .WMA, .WMV) through HTTP, RTSP and MMS protocols
    • Real Media streams (.RM, .RA, .RMVB) through HTTP and RTSP protocols
    • QuickTime streams through HTTP protocol
    • Downloading ShoutCast/Icecast streams (.MP3) through HTTP protocol

Thank you for answering to my question and also for giving the vital solution. As mentioned by you people I will decide to use the better one in the list. All the recorders that are mentioned by you have the finest quality and will select which one will be the best in the business. Actually I have confused already how to download this files now I came to know that this files are down loadable through the streaming video recorder only.

There is a better option for you in this case, why don't you try and use the Replay Media Catcher 3 using the software you can download the RTMP and HTTP audio and video streams from Flash Servers. Also it enables you to get the readable file names of the video or audio file that you download. Here are some of the features that will help you to know about the Replay Media Catcher 3 in:
    • Flash Video (HTTP, RTMP / .FLV);
    • Windows Media audio and video streams (HTTP, MMS, RTSP);
    • Real Audio and Real Video streams (HTTP, RTSP);
    • QuickTime (HTTP);
    • iTunes radio stations