Thread: Installing Windows 7 64 bit from usb

Installing Windows 7 64 bit from usb

I am planning to install windows Xp x 64 bit to either on SD card or to USB flash drive. I have search on the net about this for more then week and I follow a guide to install windows xp from usb stick but without doing the clone operation.My issue is that How can I integrate the hitachi microdrive filter drivers so that I will be able to install directly to sd card or flash drive? I need to use with the modified filter driver will be hard part. I am having both a computer that will boot from USB flash drives and flash drive that can be booted. Your effort would be appreciated. Thank you in advance for your reply.

Re: How I can integrate USB driver?

If you had Vista on your system then you has an easier way to integrate USB driver. Diskpart utility supports flash drives and Open command prompt and perform the below things from commend prompt:
    • On a Vista system plug in the USB flash drive to USB port
    • Start-->diskpart and press enter
    • list disk- USB flash drive will be displayed in the list
    • select disk 1
    • Click clean
    • Now create a par primary
    • select par 1
    • act
    • format fs=fat32 (FS)
    • And then exit

Now after doing all this you are suppose to copy system files from the floppy and any files you need to flash to

The program USB_MultiBoot.cmd can prepare a Bootable USB-stick. Which can be then used to in stall windows XP from usb of flash drive. Installing from USB drive is of general use and it is faster and convenient as compare to installing using CD/DVD. But this is limited to computers as there are few computers that are not able to boot using USB as determine by BIOS and motherboard. Preparing bootable USB-Drive with USBInvolves following things:
    1) First format USB-stick such as bootable Hard disk using HP USB format tool
    2)Select from USB_MultiBoot.cmd:
    - provide XP Setup Source Folder and UserData for XP Setup
    - Make Bootable USB Drive with XP Setup Folders
    Installing USB needs to Reboot from USB-Drive and select it from boot menu.

Download devcon.exe from microsoft site and run the below command:
    devcon hwids
    or
    devcon hwids USB
    And after this command select the appropriate hardwareID. Generic USB storage HardwareID is USBSTOR\GenDisk and cfadisk works with this hardwareID.

Thank for your valuable information I will test this and post my result to see how far I get.I am not going to require devcon as then I add them to the list which is not good if I am needing it to work for my removable drive.I will report you if I am getting it resolved or have some other issue.

You can choose one of the following:
    1) Install using USB stick
    2) You can also Install TO USB stick
    3) You can also Install TO "Generic" SDCard
    4) You can also Install TO eeePC internal drive
    Any one of this are not installed on hard drive, just only some of the tutorials need installing and copying system. While some are installed directly to USB.