Thread: Vlite 1.2 Istallation Cannot Past WIM Filter

Vlite 1.2 Istallation Cannot Past WIM Filter

I have got a Windows operating system in my Computer and the problem is that I wanted to boot my device and covert it to smaller size. For doing the same I have installed the Vlite 1.2 but the problem is that it cannot past the WIM component which is essential for Image building Component and necessary for the booting of my system. Please tell me any solution for this so as to past the WIM component and create a image which is having a low space in it.

Re: Vlite 1.2 Istallation Cannot Past WIM Filter

The best option is that if your trying to copy the file automatically it wont work for you, you got to do the work manually and need to copy the files from the source to the destination. And also you have to istall WAIK only by Downloading it wont work for you at all, and then you got to burn it after the installation is complete.

If the automatic detection is not working for your system at all then you have other option where you can copy the 32Bit WIMGAPI.Dll in to the Vlite 1.2. This will work if the WIM filter is kept off and then after the Vlite setting have been made manually on the WIM filter and see that whether it is still causing you the same problem. And take care of the path where you are copying it because you have to copy the path in the Vlite folder itself. This will then allow you to continue the installation properly.

You can also provide the installation by right clicking on the wimfiltr.inf and then you have to install it to get it work properly. You also have to perform the copying operation of wimgapi.dll to Vlite folder. This always works for the Vlite installation and it passes the WIM Filter comfortably. Then the WIM Filter can be used for the imaging process of whichever operating system you are working on.

Dr. V Guest

The last option is that you can download the older version of the Vlite can then try that whether it passes the WIM filter or not. TH older version 1.1.6 can be used for this problem an then you got to copy the WIM driver and DLL to your VLite 1.2 install folder and then try running the VLite application then it will get pat the WIM Filters easily. The burning of the .ISO can be done to a DVD once the VLite starts working properly.