Thread: Syncing two computers doesn't allow to access folder locations

Syncing two computers doesn't allow to access folder locations

I have installed Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit on top of an intel machine with 1GB RAM and an Intel Pentium processor. The OS is also fine. I have the T5212 running through an Airlink 101 Wireless Router, but the PC is hardwired to the router. Also on the system, hardwired, is an HP with AMD Quad Core 64bit running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I wish to sync the "images" library on both computers. But the problem is that Syncing two computers doesn't allow me to select the folder locations on each machine. Any idea. Please help.

Re: Syncing two computers doesn't allow to access folder locations

You need to download the Microsoft Sync tool on the two workstation you wish to sync up. It is part of Microsoft’s Windows Live platform, so you will require contain a Live login in order to utilize the program. Once you have downloaded and install the Windows Sync program you resolve that a original icon has appear in your task tray. The icon seems like two blue arrows pointing in opposite directions. This point to that Sync is running. The line which you will use with Sync in order to share files and folders is in fact web based, but before we go to the Sync website you need to change a location that will make it probable to sync files and folders. Go to More –> Settings.

Your login in order to already be inputted on or after the installation process, but if you don’t see it, or it look wrong, In front and change it now. Also, click the checkbox next to “Allow remote access to my computer.” This location has to be turned on in order to correctly sync files and folders. Now that the good settings are enabled, we can go in front and sync up our files and folders. This is performing by the web interface, so go ahead and launch the Windows Sync website. You can do this by clicking on the Windows Sync icon and then clicking Website on the drop-down menu.

When you undo the web interface you’ll contain two options. One is to make a Personal Folder and the additional is to create a Shared Folder. The Shared Folder alternative lets you create folders that can be common with other Windows Live users. It is a useful way to share information, but it is also exterior the scope. We’re just going to be focus on the Personal Folders, so go in front and click Create a Personal Folder. The next screen will inquire you which PC you’d like to make the folder on. This doesn’t actually matter. You are leaving to be creating sync folders on together your computers during this process and all files in all of the folders on all computers will be transfer. I suggest you to simply select the computer you’re currently using.

You will see a menu on the workstation computer that is labeled “Sync with Another Computer.” The computer on which you already selected a folder to sync will be grayed out. From the list of other machines select the machine you want to sync with. This will carry up another Explorer view, and once more you resolve to select a folder. Obviously, it would be best if both the folders on together computers have the same name. However, this doesn’t have to be the case. If you want to sync two folders with completely different names.