Thread: Windows 7 validation issues, Diagnostic Tool included

Windows 7 validation issues, Diagnostic Tool included

I've been having problems with Windows 7 recently. Whenever I try to update the system I get an error 'You might be a victim of software faking' and it redirects me to a Windows Genuine Validation website where I'm asked to do a validation process. The problem is the process is on and on for a long time and never reaches its end. Moreover, on the Windows Update page I get a message ' error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer. Error was found: Code 80070003' so that I am unable to update the system, but I'm 100% sure that I have a genuine copy of Windows 7 so I executed Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool.

Re: Windows 7 validation issues, Diagnostic Tool included

I think you should first uninstall the non-genuine Office programs, and run anti-malware scans to make sure that you didn't install unwelcome guests at the same time. The UN-mark the thread as answered, and post a new MGADiag report. I can find now here where anyone suggested recreating the license store for your problem - please do not do anything not suggested for your problem as it only confuses the issue.

I think that your Windows installed may be genuine, your Office installed is definitely not real. The 70070003 error is a 'path not found' error - which may be the result of your licensing problems. There is a problem with Licensing on your machine - which indicates that the Licensing Store may be corrupted in some way... Try rebuilding the store...I would try recreating the Licensing Store - which optimistically will correct the problem.

1. first you need to Click Start button.
    2. Type: CMD.exe into the 'Search programs and files' field
    3. Then Right-Click on CMD.exe and select Run as Administrator
    4. Type: net stop sppsvc (It may ask you if you are sure, select yes)
    5. Note: the Software Protection service may not be running, this is ok.
    6. Type: cd %windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareProtectionPlatform
    7. Type: rename tokens.dat tokens.bar
    8. Type: cd %windir%\system32
    9. Type: net start sppsvc
    10. Type: slui.exe
    11. After waiting for sometime Windows Activation dialog will pop up. You may be asked to re-activate and/or re-enter your product key or Activation may occur automatically.

According to me when you downloaded the RC from the Windows website, yes? You may have just copied it wrong (it happens to me often. My handwriting could mistake a P for a 9, an i for an L, G for a C, etc.). In this case, for getting another product key: Go back to the Windows Win7 download page, and right before you click the button to download it, it will provide you another activation key.There is no need to download the file again; just get a suitable key.Then Write it down, or it is better to copy the entire thing. After that go to Control Panel > System, and scroll towards bottom of the screen where it displays "Change Product Key". CTRL+P the key in there, and you will be all set. This might work, but I do not guarantee, because I've never ever tried it myself (but worth a shot).