Thread: 4GB or 2 GB on Macbook Air

4GB or 2 GB on Macbook Air

I am planning to buy a Macbook Air a new version but i am bit confused that which one to go with either with 13 inch 256 GB with 2.16 or 1.86 and 4 GB or 2 GB RAM. Actually i don't have any idea about the speed and also what is the difference between it. Is there any difference then please let me know. so that i can get a clear idea about the MAC to buy. And also suggest me if there is any difference between different the two RAMs except a memory & Is there something I should specifically look for in the RAM before I buy some?

Re: 4GB or 2 GB on Macbook Air

Ya off course there is the difference in speed between the two. As much the more Gb the more speed will be provided but it totally depends upon your personal use. So you should decide whether to go with either off. As depend upon the cost there is the difference of $180. So as per me i would go with 2gb of RAM because i do not have much utilization of except videos,audios,photoshop as i use daily.If i require in future any extra utilization i will upgrade it to 4gb. So if you want to go with 2gb or 4gb your utilization should be atleast more than mine.
    Last edited by Devasis; 25-10-2010 at 12:42 PM.

Thanks for the advice and giving me the difference of cost between the two RAMs. I would like to know one more thing that is there a possibility of upgrading a 4gb RAM from 2gb whenever possible. This day i just do normal chatting, office and emails. so i also think that i should go with 2gb where 4gb is not that necessary if the up-gradation is possible then no problem with 2gb.
    one more thing to know is about the graphic card used in it. Will the graphiic card effect the speed of the system.

Yes there is the difference between the speed between the two RAMs. I would suggest you to buy a good graphic card such a Radeon HD 6850 and Radeon HD 6870 graphics cards, AMD delivers fantastic value for the average PC gamer. If you want great game performance but don't want to spend too much money, you look for a graphics card in the $150 to $250 range. It appears as though the Radeon HD 6800 cards are set to be the best performers at their respective prices by a considerable margin.The HD 6800 cards also host of optimizations such as improved better video decoding, and more-robust display output options. The leap in performance offered by these cards is often the difference between being able to play games at full settings and having to reduce resolution or detail levels to keep things running smoothly. They're quite energy-efficient, too.
    Last edited by Solomon; 25-10-2010 at 01:26 PM.