Thread: Deleting selected items from Trash

Deleting selected items from Trash

Friends, I want to delete some item from trash but I don’t know the way to do that. I don’t have any idea that how I can do that because I have not did this before. Therefore I want to ask you the way to by which I can delete the selected file from the Trash. If you have any idea or any suggestions for this then please post that here. It will be the better for me and for all the users who are seeking for this here.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Deleting selected items from Trash

Trash is nothing but the place where you store all the files that you want to delete letter. It will work as the last resort for the files if you have deleted ant item by mistake. It is very different then the recycle been in the Windows because it is similar to the normal folder where all the files can be deleted with the simple command to empty it.

First of all you have to open the Trash and from there move all the files to the Desktop or if you want then you can also put this to any new folder of your choice. If you have a lot of files in Trash folder then you have to click on the trash's open folder and then press the command +A key on your keyboard. This will select all the files at the time. After then click on any one of them but don’t release the mouse button and drag the file and it will go in that. After that move all the files that you want to delete to the Trash folder and empty that folder. This is the simplest way to do that. You can try it and I am sure that it will work for you.

It is possible to delete the selected items from the Trash and here are the steps that you should follow to do that.
    1. First of all create an archive folder and put that on the Desktop.
    2. After that you have to move all your files to your archive folder and lif ;you found that any file is useful then take that file out of the trash.
    3. Now you have to back up the system but make sure that you have the copy of your archive folder.
    4. You can check the files from your archive folder at your free time and if you want that the file is good then keep that file and put that file where you want and if that is no longer needed then you can move it back to trash.

I was also searching for this solution because many of the times we have some files in trash folder that we don't want to delete and other files to be deleted. At this point the only thing that I found useful is that you have to select all the files that you don't want to delete and move all that files to some other place or you can move it to the desktop. Once you are done with this then you can empty the trash completely and after that move all the files that you selected back to the trash and by this way you will be able keep all the files in the trash that you don't wanted to delete.