Thread: Internet download manager for ubuntu 9 10

Internet download manager for ubuntu 9 10

Hi i have the sony wio laptop and using from the last few months and also i am using it with the Linux ubuntu 9 10 operating system, I am using it to its greater extent ant it is also serving me the best, But i am not able to get the internet download manager driver for the same system, Please help me how to get and how to use the same or how to install it on to the system, Initially i tried one but it seems to me that it was not successful, please let me know that how i can install it.

Re: Internet download manager for ubuntu 9 10

It seems to me that you are new to the linux operating system, But if you need the download manger for the linux then you have to just first install the Wget package, The wget is nothing but the network utility which helps you to retrieve files from web.And that to the HTTP and the ftp protocols. It is the package that works behind the program which is nothing but it runs behind and also it can be known as the non-interactive package. This program will start up as soon as you will log in to the system. This is nothing but the program that supports the retrieval of web-authoring pages as well as ftp sites . It also has the tendency to work with the slow network connection so i can say that network connection speeds does not matter for it, In case you have started a down load and if the download is failed in between then you can retrieve that file back with the help of the Wget.It also supports proxy servers

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that there is nothing to worry about the system to get the driver because it id easily downloadable and also all other software of the linux are available on the internet for free of cost so what you have to do is just go online and download the manager that you want. If you don't know how to download this do just one thing visit the following link it will help you to download the "Download manager" .
    http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download

Here are the steps that you need to follow to install the download manager on to your linux ubuntu system:
    1. First of all you have to do is just Download Ubuntu Desktop Edition from the official site.
    2. Then you hav eto burn the same to CD or create a USB drive. Once you've finished downloading your file, you'll need to create a CD or USB drive.Burning a CD means that you can trial Ubuntu without affecting your current system. And you can install it alongside or instead of your system whenever you're ready.
    3. Once you are done with it then you can try itYou can try out Ubuntu before you install it. When your CD or USB stick is ready, you can run Ubuntu directly from your CD or USB without affecting your current system.
    4. And if you like the download manager its performance then you can install it on to your system.When the CD is ready, simply put it in your CD drive, restart your computer and follow the instructions that appear on your screen.

First of all thank you all of you for considering my problem and also giving appropriate solutions for it, As provided the link by you people i have able to download the download manager and i installed it on my system, And the thing here is that i have also installed one more unwanted program and now i don't want that program please help me in removing that particular program as it is not in use from last few days

It seems to me that you have installed that particular by mistake and the thing is that there is the same rule for uninstalling any of the soft ware from the system in linux. Here are the steps that will help you in uninstalling that particular program:
    • First of all you have to install the Synaptic Package Manager,
    • Then it will turn in to an application or tool called Synaptic.
    • What you have to do is just click on that tool that is the Synaptic
    • To open you have to set the privileges at your own log in
    • Then just select the Program that you want to remove and click on remove.