Thread: In the absence of OSX TRIM support, how do you restore SSD performance on a Mac?

In the absence of OSX TRIM support, how do you restore SSD performance on a Mac?

Hi i am using the Mac Book Pro from the last few months abd it is serving me the best, the thing here is that i have never faced any problem with it but Whenever i do the the MBP refresh it tends to upgrade the stock HDD to a 7200rpm 500GB HDD, But the ssd was my premium option before i came to know about it, Noe the thing here is that i ma using the SSD cable for the transformation of the data and unfortunately i am not getting enough speed to deal with it, The transfer rate of the data is not up to the mark or you can say that i am not satisfied wit it, So how can i raise the performance of my operating and make it work faster, please help me in this case i am confused a lot. Is there are ways that will enable me to change it or i have to perform some test, please help me in this i am actually needed it.

Re: In the absence of OSX TRIM support, how do you restore SSD performance on a Mac?

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that there is the problem in the ssd that you are currently using. The thing here is that the solid state drive gives you an fantastic performance in the early period but the thing here is that the performance starts degrading in the later phase, Now a days most of the users are facing the same problem that the speed has instantly degraded, It gives you the best services based on the amount of data that transfers through your system the users mainly experience the type of write-speed degradation problem, to solve this you have to regularly check its performance and then update is as needed.

Re: In the absence of OSX TRIM support, how do you restore SSD performance on a Mac?

Ir seems to me that you have to restore the performance of the ssd and then you have to enhance it, So in this case you have to just follow the following steps.
    • First of all you have to backup the SSD onto any other hard drive.
    • In this case i guess you can use the portable disk for with great effect.
    • Later on you have to erase all the SSD with Disk Utility.
    • Then what you have to do is just boot from the ssd and all others must be set to off.
    • Now what you have to do is delete all the remaining utility by making use of the tool like DiskTester’s recondition command.
    • Then again test the speed of it .
    • If the speed is satisfying to you than stop the test and if not then repeat the whole steps again its best.
    • Once you find that the speed is OK then just insert all the data again which you have kept in back up.

First of all thank you all of you for considering my problem and also for spending your vital time in finding the solution, But the thing here is that i have tried doing all the test and the performance is still the same I am not able to understand where the problem lies, please help me , i am confused and don't know what to do , is there is any problem in the cables that i am using please suggest me the best in the business.

It seems to me that there is the problem in the cable that you are using, So what i want you to do is just for the last time check the performance and then if again there are problems in the speed then you have to replace with the other one which is the best in the business, or rather i will suggest you the SATA cables because they are giving best results in the current scenario, or you try and do one thing if you want to secure all the data and also want speed up the performance for that you have to restore to factory speeds But to restore this settings you will need a PC.