Thread: How to make Windows 7 bootable USB w/ Snow Leopard

How to make Windows 7 bootable USB w/ Snow Leopard

Hello.
    I have a computer with windows XP operating system installed on it, but now i have removed the windows XP OS and i want to install windows 7 on my system. Currently i am having no OS installed on my system. I want to make the live USBs in leopard, but the case is that i have not been able to get any instructions on how to make live USBs in leopard. The reason why i am try to use the disk utility's "restore" function is because i get an error message and the message says that "Could not validate source - error 254". I have no idea why i am getting this error. Do any one have any idea about this problem? Please help. I will be waiting fro your reply. Thanks.
    Last edited by Chomu2; 20-10-2010 at 08:26 AM.

Re: How to make Windows 7 bootable USB w/ Snow Leopard

I even want the same thing to be done for my system. Initially i was using windows vista on my system. Even i want to change my operating system from windows vista to windows 7 with the help of bootable USB w/ Snow Leopard. Do an y one know that how to do this thing? I need your help on this issue. So you please provide me the necessary info related with this topic, so that i can solve my issue. I hope that you will provide me the best help.

For doing that you need to follow this instruction-
    -You will require to Plug-in your USB flash drive to USB port.
    -Now after doing that you must all the contents from USB drive to a place in your system where the content is safe.
    -Once you do that, now you will require to open the command prompt by going to run and typing the command cmd and then pressing OK.
    -Keep one thing in mind that you need to open the Command Prompt with admin rights.
    - Now you will require to type DISKPART command in the command prompt
    -After that you need to type the command LIST DISK and you not down the
    Disk number of your USB flash drive.
    -After that you need to type the following command on your command prompt. I am assuming your disk no as disk1
    So below are the commands you need to type and execute one by one:
    SELECT DISK 1
    CLEAN
    CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY
    SELECT PARTITION 1
    ACTIVE
    FORMAT FS=NTFS
    ASSIGN
    EXIT
    - After doing that don't close the command prompt. insert your Windows7/Vista DVD into the optical drive and check the drive letter of the DVD drive.
    -Type the command CD BOOT and hit enter. Here i am assuming your drive letter as D.
    -Copy your Windows 7 DVD contents to the USB flash drive.
    - Your USB drive is ready to boot and install Windows 7.
    Hope it helps to you.

Thanks for the reply you gave to me. I referred it and i founded that you have suggested me to open the Command Prompt with admin rights. I have a problem that i do not know how to make open the Command Prompt with admin rights. So can you provided me the method to open the Command Prompt with admin rights. Please provide this help as i will be able to solve my problem as early as i can.

I know how to open the command prompt using with the admin right. Here are the steps you need to follow.
    First you need to type cmd in Start menu search box and after doing that you need to press the Ctrl+ Shift+ Enter key from your keyboard.
    OR
    Go to the Start menu----------->all programs---------> Accessories ---------> Right click on Command Prompt-------->now select the option Run as administrator.
    Now you are done with it. Try this out as it may help you.

Thanks for reply once again. I tried the method for opening the command prompt with admin rights as you have provided to me. After that i tried all the steps for booting the windows 7 from the USB drive. I followed the exact steps and finally i was able to solve my problem. So i Once again give you thanks for providing such a solution which solved my problem.