Thread: Bootcamp install of Windows without super drive

Bootcamp install of Windows without super drive

I have bought a brand new Macbook which is along with the broken superdrive. I am having an ISO file of Windows operating system at my university and i am looking forward to install this operating system on my macbook. I want to ask you guys that would it be possible to install Windows operating system from the Boot Camp without any Superdrive?

Re: Bootcamp install of Windows without super drive

I want to install on my MacBook Pro via Boot Camp Windows 7. In my Macbook Pro is, however, no internal CD / DVD drive, because I have this replaced by a second hard drive and exactly on this, Windows is installed. My Superdrive is now in an external enclosure and I can plug it in demand for the Macbook. Now I'm on OS X with Boot Camp Windows partition I created (60 GB), my external drive connected, the loaded Windows 7 DVD and "Start Installation" clicked. After the reboot it will also start the Windows installer. Directly after the first step (language) but the installer says that it lacks CD / DVD drive driver and that I should insert a disc with the necessary drivers.

Dr. V Guest

I know of no way to know how to deal in retrospect, the call for a system CD. It is probably the possibility of an image, then from the XP update, but also ensure you have the original CD. Short for understanding. Apple has not said install Windows on a Mac. Apple is not guilty, that the whole thing does not work. For that is one reason why Apple computers "from one" offers. Hardware and software together. The firmware update works with the Apple hardware and that is absolutely sufficient.

The possibility of Windows through boot camp to start, I think, is a nice gesture by Apple. So you will have to wait until possibly come out a fix for boot camp. And Apple still writes explicitly that Boot Camp beta and is still being tested. There is no guarantee that everything is working 100%. Apple turns quite a bit with boot camp straight to a prehistoric operating system like XP is running at all on a modern machine as a Mac (I only say "EFI"). Apple uses the buck is the wrong mindset. Leave it with boot camp or wait, is mature to boot camp, or similar use Parallels for Windows programs and play if you want, buy yourself any Xbox.

It is not the fault of an Apple that do not run Windows or some functions of Windows on a Mac. And, my personal opinion: I would prefer if Windows would not even run on a Mac. For such discussions a la "this does not work" or "not working", there used less often. And please do not argue that no one will buy a Mac would. At the time of Motorola and IBM processors Macs were in fact also been sold.