Thread: Uninstalling Parallels and Virtual Machine

Uninstalling Parallels and Virtual Machine

Hi, have just one quick question about Parallels (version 3188) and unfortunately, I didn't found anything suitable. I've locked on to Windows by such a ****ing offline update and because I was too stupid and I had always installed yet again I decided to simply install Windows XP tomorrow and start fresh!! However, I have just the folder where Windows XP is in there (Documents / Parallels) will be deleted. Fits the way or I should have the resolve or otherwise delete? Also I am not having enough idea about deleting Virtual Machine. So thought to take some notes from you guys. Please provide some useful information about it. I installed Windows directly through Parallels (no BootCamp partition). This installation does not suit me. I want to retry the installing via Bootcamp. But first, I uninstall Windows. Could someone tell me the procedure? Thank you in advance for your answers.

Re: Uninstalling Parallels and Virtual Machine

To delete / uninstall a virtual machine (VM) :
    1. Start Parallels Desktop or Parallels Workstation and open virtual machine in question.
    2. Go to the File menu of the Parallels menu bar -> Delete (or Remove, depending on the version of Parallels Desktop).

3. Follow the prompts on screen. We recommend not to change the defaults.

When running Parallels Desktop, the list of Parallels Virtual Aquinas M, including virtual machines currently registered in Parallels Desktop. This feature allows you to select the virtual machine you want to work. If a virtual machine is not being used currently, this may be temporarily removed from the list. When needed again this virtual machine, you can add to the list as an existing virtual machine. Let us now do not need Microsoft Windows virtual machine and list the M Parallels Virtual Aquinas. To do this, do the following:
    1. Run Parallels Desktop, click the right mouse button on the Microsoft Windows virtual machine on the list of M Parallels Virtual Aquinas and select Delete from the contextual menu. You can also open the virtual machine in Parallels Desktop and select Delete from the File menu.
    2. Welcome window appears elimination Assistant Virtual Machine. If you want to see this window the next time you start the wizard, select Always omit Introduction. Click Continue.
    3. Select the Delete option from the list and click Delete.
    4. The wizard will delete the virtual machine from the list of M Parallels Virtual Aquinas. If the operation succeeds, the window Successful elimination.
    5. Click Done to close the wizard.

A virtual machine in Parallels consists of the config file *.pvs and (at least) a hard disk in the form of an image file *.hdd. You delete them both or equal to the entire folder, the VM off. Because a new VM, including plate so quickly created, which is actually the best way. If you make important actions (updates, etc.), copying the entire folder, do you have a handy backup to which you can draw at any time. You can manually delete a virtual machine. However, we recommend you use the wizard Deleting a virtual machine that will find all files that make up the virtual machine and all files connected to them. Parallels Tools can be removed via a general procedure for removing applications.

The Delete Virtual Machine Wizard deletes the following files from the virtual machine:
    1. configuration file
    2. file (s) for virtual hard disks
    3. Snapshots
    4. file (s) picture disks, if any
    5. output files of serial and parallel ports, if any
    6. folder where the files for this virtual machine are stored
    7. The Delete Virtual Machine Wizard can delete a virtual machine that opened with the following features:
      • The virtual machine does not work. If it works, the Delete command from the File menu is disabled.
      • The virtual machine is not blank.
    Following you will read on your screen. One advantage of Parallels (compared to Fusion 2) assistance is very well done. This is with VMWare and VirtualBox I happened to throw a virtual machine in the trash without further ado ... So you can throw your Library / Documents / Parallels / Windows XP.pvm without further break your head!!

It is true that the aid is very well done. Thank you for having me back. For two days, I like a little galley (especially as I slept very little), I confess I thought it would be more tedious. I imagined it would be Mac OS X who would undertake to search files and I have not thought about looking into using Parallels. I would like to tell for those who are searching for similar issues, that Parallels will not uninstall from the terminal but with a special uninstaller that is located inside the disk image that contains the program and you can download from the manufacturer.

I would like to recommend you to remove Parallels Tools. Parallels Tools can be detached via a common modus operandi for removing applications from the operating system installed in your virtual machine.
    Remove a Windows guest OS
    1. Initially you will have to Start the virtual machine and attach it to the guest OS.
    2. From the Windows Start menu, choose Control Panel> Add or Remove Programs. In Windows Vista, choose Control Panel> Programs and Features.
    3. After that choose Parallels Tools from the list and click Remove.
    4. Parallels Tools will be removed from the virtual machine.
    5. If Parallels Tools are deleted, restart the guest operating system.

Delete a Linux guest OS
    1. Start the virtual machine.
    2. To eliminate Parallels Tools, you must connect and accumulate the image prl-tools-lin.iso and run the installation tool Parallels Tools.
    3. Follow the commands in the installation tool Parallels Tools. When prompted (e) to decide what to do, select Delete to update and press Enter.
    4. Once removed though Parallels Tools, press Enter to close this window.

Delete a Mac OS X Server Leopard
    1. Start the virtual machine and connect it to the guest OS.
    2. Be definite the image file prl-tools-mac.iso is connected to the CD / DVD-ROM of the virtual machine.
    3. Release the mounted disk image and double-click the icon tool to uninstall Parallels Tools to start the uninstallation.
    4. In the Welcome window, click Uninstall. Enter the password when prompted (e).
    5. In the Uninstall window, you can observe the process of uninstalling Parallels Tools to your virtual machine.
    6. In the Uninstall Complete window, click Restart to complete the uninstallation and leave the wizard.