Thread: Why can't I see .htaccess files in Leopard?

Why can't I see .htaccess files in Leopard?

I have recently purchased a new macbook as I was very keen to have this to me. It was working fine and net surfing was so good on this. I am recently suffering from a problem that i can't access the content. I think this the problem related to the .htaccess file which is needed to access the content of the webpage. Now I want to edit the .htaccess file which is needed for the website. But the problem is I am unable to see this file in the OS(leopard). I don't know what happen to it. What should I do to fix this problem. Can anybody suggest me to get the solution. Thanks.

Re: Why can't I see .htaccess files in Leopard?

As you have mentioned that you are using macbook which you have bought recently. You told that you are not able access the web content and also you are not able see the .htaccess file in the operating system. Before giving any suugestion I would like to tell you that check If ypou have installed it with the PHP if yes then you should have to done this simple test for getting the solution they doesn't effect each other. I think use this code to access the file [setEnv TEST_VAR "test value"]. I think you should to check this code If it works.

You told that you are not able to see the .htaccess file in the leaopard which is needed for website. I think OSX uses the dot files to hide files.The .htaccess file is hidden because it starts with a dot and Mac OS X hides files with a dot. .htaccess files are repeatedly used to identify the security limitations for the meticulous directory, therefore the filename "access". The .htaccess file is repeatedly accompanied by a .htpasswd file which stores suitable usernames and their passwords. I think for this issue there is only one solution you should to use the utility like xMOD which shows the hidden files and will help you to edit that particular files. You should try doing this I think this will help you.

HI! I was also having something similar type of problem. As you explained that we can use xMOD to see the hidden files. Well, so how do you see .htaccess file on mac? I use CyberDuck as my FTP client, and even CyberDuck is not able to see .htaccess file on my server. I used xMod.app and checked see hidden files, but no go. Can you suggest me any other for the particular problem. Please help me for the same. Any other suggestiion can provide me as I have used this x MOD for the same problem. Thanks.

I think you are right as you told that you are cyber duck and you also want to access the .htaccess file which you are not able to see in the leopard operating system. I worn to use Cyber Duck however it stopped working after one of the updates so I toggled to Fetch and it does not hide dot files. I think this you may able to access the content of the webpage which is done by .htaccess file. You should try fetching. Or It seems that it's a malfunction in Cyberduck having to do with a number of servers not displaying hidden files when using the STAT command. A workaround is to open Terminal and enter: "defaults write ch.sudo.cyberduck ftp.sendStatListCommand false"

I exercise cyberduck. Inside the file browser window towards the peak right there is a search field. Type "." inside there and your .htaccess file be supposed to pop up. You can also edit it straight away or back it up on your mac. If you desire to reverse it up you'll require to rename it with somewhat before the dot. When you upload it over again, modify the name back to .htaccess later than you've uploaded it to your webserver. I think doing this may help you to sort out the problem. Try this to get the desired solution,