Thread: wlstartup.exe - Entry Point Not Found

wlstartup.exe - Entry Point Not Found

I have downloaded the Windows Live Essentials Beta in the present day and the whole thing went fine. When I open Windows Live Messenger, I acquire a bug from wlstartup.exe that it is not able to locate the procedure entrance point in UXCore.dll. The similar bug also happens with any of the other .exe files in the installer folder in the Windows Live agenda folder. I am able to still utilize WLM after I shut the bug message, but I am not able to remove WLE as the installer keeps deafening. And also I am utilizing the Vista Home Premium and have my system updated on the or you can say that according to the /Microsoft. So I think regarding this I have given the enough information.

Re: wlstartup.exe - Entry Point Not Found

I am also facing the similar type of issue. And also getting the same error but the thing is that it is only related to the windows live messenger. Currently the issue is started after the installing Windows Live Essentials Beta. Here thing is that the application which is I am using in it is working fine but as far as I am able to tell. I have previously said that the bug which is I am facing in this is really very irritating. So related to this issue I think someone will be able to give me the solution as soon a s you can.

As I have read the post from this thread I have come to know that it is really a serious issue. Regarding this I just want to tell you that I am really very much glad to know that I am not the part of this matter. So it is really a great relief for me but on the other hand I am really serious regarding your problem. I am thinking that something may have gotten tainted throughout the transmission of the files. If I tell you about me then I really hate this windows live Essentials Beta installer the reason behind this is that it is not able to download the entire at once just before the installing. I have noticed that it was “installing” Messenger and then it back to the Messenger.

Hey I have followed the way which you have suggested here and according to that when I follow all the steps then I have got the clean-up utility and tried to install it as administrator which is described by you. And when I have installed this then I have got that all the things are looks proper. But in this the issue is that it is not or you can say that I am not able to see that application in the start/programs. The error perseveres. And currently I have spent so many hours in just trying to point out or in finding the other solution but in that also I have not got the any success in this. Please if you have any solution then please tell me as soon as it is possible for you.

If you are not able to get the perfect solution then you can try my solution over here. For that you have to download the registry cleaner for example you can use the CCleaner. And if you want this software then you just search this on the website you will easily get this. And after that you boot your PC into the Safe mode and you just delete the entire thing from the Windows Live program folder and after this you just run the registry cleaner and whatever the issues will be there it will be get corrected by this. And when this process gets complete then you reboot your PC and after that run the WLE installer one more time and at that time you will observe that it will work fine.

I have read your post and just want to thank you for your advice. Currently I am utilizing the RegCure for most of the times. But here Can you tell me that what do you mean by 'delete everything from the Windows Live program folder' if you can explain this to for me so it will be a great pleasure. Are you using the uninstall utility in windows or are you are giving suggestion to do like this in another way? If it is like that then can you tell me how would I do that? I am also not able to uninstall WLE using the windows uninstall tool.

There is one solution which I know. So related to the matter you can delete all the files and the folders manually in the Windows Live program folder. I am telling you the way you just follow this I think you will get it soon. First thing click on the start then Run > disk letter:\Program Files\Windows Live. And after deleting everything from this folder which I have located here you can run the registry cleaner and it will remove all the Windows Live registry keys so you are able to do a fresh reinstall. And after that all things should be good from there.

This problem is really making me crazy. And also I was not able to uninstall all the things through the way you have described. Whatever the error in this it was gone. But currently I was not able to reinstall the WLE anymore. At the time of installing it again the installer says that the WLE is already in your system and does not install it. So related to this matter what I have to do I do not have any idea. So please help me what to do to fix this issue.

I do not know about you but I m also facing the same problem. As it is given into the replies that uninstall it manually I have done like that I have uninstall the Windows Live folders by using the safe mode. And I have also used the both of the registry cleaner which is mentioned above and also the system mechanics registry cleaner. But the time when I try to reinstall it at the same time it tells me that the Mail and Messenger are already installed. And when I try to install the older version of the Windows Live it tell me that I have a later version installed. After this it gives me a "catastrophic failure" warning. This is really very annoying. Please tell me any solution which can fix this issue.