Thread: ATA hard drives shows up as a Removable hard drive

ATA hard drives shows up as a Removable hard drive

I am having one issue with the system of mine which is not detecting my ATA hard drive. I have just brought up the new hard drive and installed the same into the system of mine. On first time connection it asked for the installation of the driver for same. But my problem is that after every restart of the system it detect the hard drive as removable hard drive which is out of my mind. To check the problem with the hard drive i have removed the hard drive and connected the same again to see about the problem but the problem still persist. So if any one is having the solution please let me know about the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: ATA hard drives shows up as a Removable hard drive

In the device manager (right click the mouse on the desktop icon / COMPUTER, manage, left of the screen double click on Device Manager. A list of devices with longer appear on the right of the screen) YELLOW POINT! or? / Or unknown device without yellow dot. If so right click the mouse on it and make uninstall. If management has always peripheral conflicts with the yellow dot method then you have to install the drive for same. So try this out and work with the issue.

You need to right click on desktop, then click manage, a window opens you left click on Disk Management. From there you should have your records are Displayed, right click the disk you want to format it and then perform the format of the drive first. Now again create the partition for the same again and see whether this time the hard drive of yours getting detected or not. I hope this will help you.

I am also having the same problem with the device of mine and let me tell you that i have followed the below given step and the issue of mine got resolved. Just go through the below given step and work with the issue.
    • Uninstall "Unknown device" (right click and uninstall)
    • Window Switch
    • Disconnect power cables from the PC and DDur
    • Remove the USB cable to PC
    • Replace power cables
    • Restart Window
    • After Windows restarts completely replace the PC USB cable

I had the same problem, I received my WD 500gb today and it was installed properly. Only it detect as removable hard disk every time. Having read all your answers I solved my problem as follows:

• Computer: Right click and then manage
    • Disk Management, you must have your hard disk or normal but below you
    • Disk 0 and Disk 1 (Wd your external)
    • On this disk in the unused portion (the blank) right click and create a partition (I have done extensive)
    • Even after right clicking on it and this time create a logical partition will be lit thus create the logical partition and you will be asked to format it, give it a name etc.

I strongly hope that you too will find the solution to your problem.

First of all let me know about the hard drive detail which you have bought up and installed into the system of yours which will be better for me to know about the issue of yours and solution related to the same. I think you need you need to manual for the installation of the hard drive into the system which you might got with the device of yours. So if you can then go through the same and see whether it is working with the issue if yours or not.