Thread: Want RDP enabled linux

Want RDP enabled linux

Hello,
    I have to change my operating system from windows to linux. I require a pre made linux, which consist of RDP enabled in it. Currently i am using terminal, so i only need RDP to connect. When i was trying to install the software, then the Ethernet driver does not cover the machine. Do any one have any idea related with this issue? Please help.

Re: Want RDP enabled linux

I will advice you to get a DSL Linux. Once you get the software then, you will require to install it to the hard drive. Once it starts booting, then it will open a dillo browser . You need to open a terminal and will require to edit the file .xinitrc. after doing that you will need to locate the line which launches the this dillo browser. Now just replace the dillo and you are done.

I download the DSL Linux. I am getting the problem in the installation process. I am facing the problem after replacing the dillo browser on the desktop. When i open a terminal and type .xinitrc, then it gives me the error message that " access is denied or im not authorised ". Now i am wondering about the problem and not able to understand it.

I will advice you to type the command vi.xinitrc there. This is the command which will open he file in the vi text editor. Once the editor is open, then you can scroll down to the line you wish to edit. After you do that press the "a" alphabet key on the keyboard and change the line as Curtis advised. Then you will require to save the file. For saving the file you will require to press the escape key and type :wq for saving it and exiting from the vi

I tried all the steps and it is working for me now. Initially the problem which i was getting is being solved now. I do not know how the problem gets solved, but i am happy that it is solved. This is my thanks to InterNetWorKed and Linux-Us for helping me out. Without your support i would have not been able to solve the problem.