Thread: Dell Inspiron 1764 with Windows XP

Dell Inspiron 1764 with Windows XP

I have installed the Windows XP SP3 currently but the machine appears to have a number of background processes that constantly uses up to 33% cpu utilization. I have installed all the drivers which are essential and the device manager gives none type of problems. But there is still the issue of 33% of the utilization by the CPU. Help me I have just run out of ideas.

Re: Dell Inspiron 1764 with Windows XP

I have read your problem and it is really strange case. I think it is happening because of the any program running behind your system. So if you want to check that which process utilizing 33% of the CPU. You just go to the task manager and from there you check this and if is not that much important process then close it. It will surely fix your issue.

Before you I was also facing the same issue but in my case it is not happening up to that much. So the solution of this is that go to the task manager or you just open it through pressing buttons ctrl+alt+del. When you get the window of the task manager go to the processes, tick the box at the bottom to “Show process from all the users” and then click on the head of the column to get the high users at the top of the list.

I am using the Inspiron 1764 laptops and it is working well but here I am trying to get the drivers which is able to work in the windows XP operating system with no luck. It appears like you could get the drivers and in fact get the XP going. From where you can get the well matched drivers. Please tell me as soon as it is possible for you.

Here is the only safe place where I think you will be able to get the solution of your issue. Once you just visit the Dell website. And from there you find out your service tag I think it will be printed on a label somewhere on the base and you input that at http://www.dell.com and you will be guided there to the right drivers for the tools installed into your machine exclusively. So just give a try on this.

I am also facing the same issue and I just want to clear that I have visited their site first. And there they provide the drivers for the windows 7 and vista. Here I desire to have my computer double booting XP and windows 7 because I have software that is not hold up by Windows 7 and I got it does not work fine with Vista. Here the XP is useless because I am not able to get the required drivers for the networking, audio etc. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.