Thread: Sleep/Suspend Results in, no Resume

Sleep/Suspend Results in, no Resume

I am having tribulations by means of the windows sleep/suspend alternative. When I put the system (desktop) into sleep/hang up state (HDD light is completely emitting), it powers down as it be supposed to saving power. Additional than when I turn the PC back on utilizing the power button, the system fails to resume, at this point I be able to hear the HDD turning on additional than no HDD busy light (as it be supposed to). So fundamentally it is come into view to be frozen, nothing occurs on screen. Ran powercfg -energy in command prompt but not help. How can I get out of this.

Re: Sleep/Suspend Results in, no Resume

Communication the 4 USB apparatus detected are merely the USB keyboard and mouse I encompass merely plugged in (back of PC). I encompass unplugged the entire the apparatus in the USB ports, and used PS/2 keyboard and mouse, tranquil does not desire to wake (ACPI state S3), this time no USB errors in the report merely the ACPI_PSD which I am not certain regarding (installed most recent firmware in BIOS). Cleared the RTC RAM, and misrepresented the 3 pin USB wake up jumpers (+5V and +5VSB) together tried. I encompass been utilizing ACPI S1 (POS) merely, which is a bit additional dependable, the majority of the times it resumes back to the desktop so far (encompass tried together usb keyboard and mouse & PS/2 in S1 state, resumes extremely well).

The tribulations is happening on the P5KPL-CM main board I encompass position the PC to sleep on Windows 7 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit & Ubuntu, by means of the similar results. Might be a HDD tribulations recovering from sleep mode. I am not certain. It might be the HDD, I encompass ran Estool commencing the Samsung website SAMSUNG Hard Disk Drive hold up or maintain utilities had to utilize this tool to diagnose this tribulations by means of the HDD and found a small number of bad sectors (I imagine it was caused by the sleep/resume problem, necessary to shutdown the PC & reboot mangled things), did a 0 pass wipe of the divider that had the known tribulations. Fixed these issues no terrible sectors other than in addition reported some type of RAM error in one of the tests.

Your predicament might be the drive so let's obtain a give the impression of being at the HDD previous to no matter which else. If your drive is failing, that's incredible you determine to desire to address ASAP. One method to create certain the health of your HDD is to install Active@ Hard Disk Monitor. Why do you endeavor this first and create certain your disc is healthy. Most of them be able to go from there. Perhaps you be supposed to in addition run a memory diagnostic. This be able to be completed from the BIOS at boot up. I recommend with the intention of you make sure the HDD's health and then restart your computer and run a memory diagnostic.

Have you added several innovative hardware in recent times. Have you in recent times upgraded or completed a clean install of Windows 7 on a rig with the intention of was working with a previous version or description of Windows. I have purchased a innovative usb keyboard and usb mouse in recent times, additional than I am attractive certain with the intention of I have had the tribulations longer and immediately ignored it and consideration it was presently a one off thing. Additional than no added hardware previous to. I plugged in a dissimilar HDD from a different PC and made an innovative partition big sufficient to position windows 7 x86 on it, fresh install, and fails to wake exact similar results occur, no HDD light. Additional than I be able to hear it turn on and spin. Perhaps it might be the BIOS, I comprise the most recent installed BIOS 0608, I might downgrade to 0602, in view of the fact that it might be the tribulations.

I have contained and fixed the sleep error. I presently downgraded the BIOS ROM to a lower description (0602) on one occasion the BIOS was flashed I tried the entire in excess of again to observe if it resolved the tribulations which it had not. Then I decided to position the BIOS description 0608 back on in view of the fact that there was not much point having a lower description there. Rebooted and clicked the sleep button, hang approximately, and then HDD light came on resumed. Seems extraordinary with the intention of it was the BIOS firmware or something desirable complete shifting for this to work. The additional reason for why the PC had a resume tribulations was the Boot Device Priority, tinkered approximately the orders of it till one that functioned Boot order.

I had immediately inaugurate windows 7 ultimate retail the recent past and so far it's running attractive well except for the following tribulations. If I do not do anything by means of the KB or mouse subsequent to regarding 60 seconds the darn screen turns black, if I grab hold of it rapidly sufficient I be able to stop it from going into sleep or hybernate mode (not certain which it is), if not then I encompass to reenter the pwd. I have followed the recommendation in windows assist and set the entire hybernate and sleep modes in power settings to by no means additional than it has not stop the thing from going to sleep.