Thread: Best Linux of red hat family other than centos and red hat ?

Best Linux of red hat family other than centos and red hat ?

I am an efficient member of my software support team. Our work require us to run various database products and application on various computer. But its support is not at all proper on other RPM. So I would like to have any other distribution which is efficient, smooth and should be an RPM family member because its requirement for other applications. Does anyone of you know the best Linux distribution of red hat family other than centos and red hat ? We have tried centos and it doesn't suit our needs.

Re: Best Linux of red hat family other than centos and red hat ?

Fedora is a Linux-based operating system that showcases the latest in free and open source software. Fedora is always free for anyone to use, modify, and distribute. It is an RPM-based, general purpose collection of software along with an OS and a community-supported distribution sponsored by Red Hat.

aLinux is an advanced Office/Multimedia RPM based GNU/Linux distribution. While sporting an even more visually stunning Graphical User Interface then others, it still maintains a high level of sophistication, experienced Linux users, have come to appreciate. It uses KDE as its default desktop environment.

CAOS Linux is a community maintained and managed, RPM-based Linux distribution. An innovative design focusing on efficiency and performance, Caos Linux starts with a lean core that unfolds into a powerful operating system, robust and streamlined enough to handle any serious server application. CAOS Linux combines aspects of Debian, Red Hat Linux/Fedora, and FreeBSD in a manner that aspires to be stable enough for servers and clusters, for a life cycle of 3 to 5 years.

I have experimented some of the Linux distributions and here is what I concluded with that:

Debian should be considered as a robust and well-supported distributions that I have came across. It has a great selection of software and dependency isn't bad at all.

Fedora can be used and have a good installer but it is not recommended for general purpose usage.

On the other hand, regarding OpenSUSE, I had seen a binary distribution with a large repositories, user-friendly, easy to install, and great localization. It maintains a strict policy of ensuring all code in the standard installs that will be from Free/Libre/Open-Source Software solutions, including Linux kernel Modules.