Thread: Sony Vaio Wireless Keyboard Driver for linux

Sony Vaio Wireless Keyboard Driver for linux

I bought a Acer K501N with a 15.6" HD/LED display and it has a nvidia Geforce G102M video card. I have installed the Ubuntu very easily. But after booting, the screen gets divided into six parts which is identical. My mouse moves in all the copies on the screen. This is very frustrating for anybody. Please help me to fix this Bug. I am not able to guess any idea behind this issue.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Sony Vaio Wireless Keyboard Driver for linux

Problem may be with your driver. The driver installed on your computer may have corrupted or may not installed properly therefore it is creating the problem. uninstall the driver and install the driver again and see the result. If you are facing the same problem again then you have to download the latest the latest driver from internet and install that. This will definitely fix the problem if the issue is with the driver.

Which graphics card you are using. I am asking that the graphic card may be creating the issue for you. Just check for the graphic card whether it is working properly or not. You can remove the card once and try to boot it without graphic card and see the result. If this time the screen is fine then it is the graphic card issue and you can solve the error accordingly.

You can try the live CD of a different distro, this is the easiest thing that you can do to solve the issue. I have seen many of such cases and who have solve this screen issue with some another distro CD. I am also having the machine that does the same thing but I made it working with with about every 5th distro out there.

I also have somewhat similar problem. Whenever I run any game it shows me some graphical glitches like flashing textures, coloured dots appearing randomly etc. After that the game freezes and it creates some sound. If I wait for a few seconds then it restarts itself automatically. On next startup it shows me message that there is the problem with the nvidia display driver. Please suggest me what should I do?

Before doing anything else with your computer on yourself, you should try to contact to the manufactures. Communicate them for the problem and ask them the possible solution to resolve this issue. They are the experts and they knew how to solve the problem in the safest way. It is possible that you may create some anther problem while trying to fix this.

I was also having the similar problem in my case and I solved the problem. It was the problem with the RAM. What you have to do is, just open the cabinet and remove the RAM. Check it on some other computer that whether it is working or not. Check that if the video card is seated properly or not. Disable all the overclocking option from the BIOS, if there is any.