Thread: SanDisk Copy Error -The directory or file cannot be created.

SanDisk Copy Error -The directory or file cannot be created.

I am using 1GB SanDisk Sansa Model M240. But until today I was able to drag and drop MP3's from computer, there were no any issue regarding this. But today I am getting the error and it was "Cannot Copy 13 - Jim Morrison - Roadhouse Blues: The directory or file cannot be created." And it is happen same when I try to copy any of the file. And relate to this the computer reports that the Removable Drive has 992 MB Capacity, 463 MB used, 528 MB free. 116 files. So what to do I am not able to getting this. Please anyone know regarding this then please tell me.

Re: SanDisk Copy Error -The directory or file cannot be created.

Regarding this I have got the solution from one of the forum site and then I have tried this actually in this I have deleted a couple few tunes, and after that it was able to copy a file in to the unit. I just want to confirm that. Is there an edge to the number of MP3 files even though the device reports not full?

I have searched related to this then I got the solution from one of the forum site. And according to that you just go to the my computer and there you right click on your device which is connected. And then click on the format remember you have to click on the full format. And after that click on the fat 32 full erase. I have done like this it solve my issue and I hope it will also fix your issue also just give a try on this.

I had also faced this and in that when copying to a mmc drive on my pc, at that time it appears that you are not able to have more than x files under the root folder. And then I have created some folders and then I have tried to copy the whole thing very well. So if you are able to create folders on your SanDisk then only you will able to drag and drop there easily.

One more solution is there related to your issue. In that you have to go to the root folder. And here I want to tell you that it is the folder which is the culprit on this one. And if you follow my advice then you just add tracks like so Artist>>Album>>SONG.mp3 . Because I have also faced this issue. I had the same trouble and was pissed at first till I figure that crap out.

I have tried Danielv suggestion and it worked in my case. I was able to only fill my 1gb Hip Street MP3 player to 72% capacity. And now I am planning to take this back just for a replacement then I have figured the Danielv and I have tried this because there is no solution other than this. I have copied all the files on to the other drive and then format it. It get format and my issue get fixed.